SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#432282 - 05/25/17 01:33 PM What would you pay...new Tyros 5
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Put in a price request a while back to one of my favorite big box companies(before I met Frank)re: Tyros 5....this was well before my interest in Ketron.

After some time, got a recent call with an offer for a Tyros 5 and a 24 month deal. Now I've owned a Tyros 4...might be a better instrument than Tyros 5.

In my mind, price was too high. So, what price would get you go snap up a new Tyros 5?

#432283 - 05/25/17 01:35 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

The minute there's the slightest verifiable hint of the New Genos the Tyros 5 price will plummet as people dump them,....I say wait if you want the T5 till then.

#432287 - 05/25/17 02:50 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Financially its not the right moment to buy a Tyros 5 if you will want to sell it when a new marvelous wanna have keyboard arives on the market

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432958 - 06/15/17 03:44 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
The minute there's the slightest verifiable hint of the New Genos the Tyros 5 price will plummet as people dump them,....I say wait if you want the T5 till then.

Price drop in the UK on Tyros 5

#432962 - 06/15/17 08:11 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
The Tyros 5 is not even on my radar. Even if it was $2000! The size and the lack of what I need in a performance/creative keyboard holds me back. The Pa4X fills in all the things I need... touch, tone, function, form, and weight. The Tyros 5 sounds great but the lack of a real sequencer and the size really turns me off.

A Genos OR Tyros 6 @ $3499 with the form and features I need would be something to look at in the (near?) future! I hope they open up the market for more musicians to utilize the features of an arranger keyboard! i.e. User Style/Pattern creation... Ableton style of clip management... touch sensitive pads for samples and drum programming... playlist/set list/songbook feature that is easy to use and personalize.

Only time will tell! Make the hardware fantastic and create software updates to personalize. Make the ensemble strings available as a download but don't include in the base unit to keep the cost down. Now I am dreaming.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#432965 - 06/15/17 09:15 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Originally Posted By Dnj

Price drop in the UK on Tyros 5

Not really a drop... more like a local dealer giving a bit of rebate because of the upcomming new model... its not huge..

#432968 - 06/15/17 10:54 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The advert confirms that the T5 is on its way out, however, there is still no indication as to whether it will be replaced, or something completely new and innovative is about to be introduced.
Bill

#432970 - 06/15/17 12:28 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

At a half price discount it would probably be too much to pay at this point for a T5......
especially when certainly new KB Gear is on the horizon of some kind...maybe Yamaha shot themselves in the foot this time around waiting this long to release something?

thoughts?

#432976 - 06/15/17 07:48 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I had the Tyros 5. Sent it back and kept my Tyros 4. Just not that much difference for the money. I now own 2 Ketron SD7s and a Tyros4 but will take a serious look at whatever replaces the Tyros 5 when it arrives. All said, the SD7 is my go-to rig now.

Deane

#432979 - 06/15/17 11:12 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
If the Tyros 4 or 5 had had a built-in sequencer fully fledged and on-board editing tools for sound, I would've bought one by now . I expect the genos to be similarly limited unfortunately .

#432987 - 06/16/17 07:20 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: spalding1968]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By spalding1968
If the Tyros 4 or 5 had had a built-in sequencer fully fledged and on-board editing tools for sound, I would've bought one by now . I expect the genos to be similarly limited unfortunately .

All that editing/sequencing, etc, can be done inside your computer with a good DAW much more efficiently then on any kb,.. They need to just make a lightweight, great keybed 61,76,88, versions, giant tilt display, pro sequencer, knobs, sliders, drum pads, TC VH unit inside, small slim foot print, and leave the editing to software programs which also should be included in the box with full professional easy to follow Instructional Tutorials online on their website for all features,...

Edited by Dnj (06/16/17 07:39 AM)

#432988 - 06/16/17 07:42 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I still love that you can, anywhere you are, plug in your keyboard and build a song from scratch with an editable internal sequencer. It's you and your instrument. One on one.

Add a computer sequencer/DAW and the technology can get in the way. Drivers were updated... need to download. Take the hands off the keyboard to reach for the computer keyboard and mouse. I'm just more efficient on an internal sequencer.

Now... need to edit more? add FX? get your track punchy? Then you need to work in the DAW.

I'm only 43 BUT now I feel old because I have been sequencing inside the box since 1989. I am stubborn when it comes to efficiency with sequencing.

Set tempo... select first sound with no load time... hit record... play... count-in and go. Make a mistake... stop... dial wheel to the measure you can start at... rec and play and go. SO EASY!!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#432989 - 06/16/17 07:49 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: shueymusic]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
I still love that you can, anywhere you are, plug in your keyboard and build a song from scratch with an editable internal sequencer. It's you and your instrument. One on one.

Add a computer sequencer/DAW and the technology can get in the way. Drivers were updated... need to download. Take the hands off the keyboard to reach for the computer keyboard and mouse. I'm just more efficient on an internal sequencer.

Now... need to edit more? add FX? get your track punchy? Then you need to work in the DAW.

I'm only 43 BUT now I feel old because I have been sequencing inside the box since 1989. I am stubborn when it comes to efficiency with sequencing.

Set tempo... select first sound with no load time... hit record... play... count-in and go. Make a mistake... stop... dial wheel to the measure you can start at... rec and play and go. SO EASY!!!!

That's all well and good if you stuck in the old style editing ways but "on stage" in front of an audience is not the time to do editing ,.....when I'm performing my show go like a well oiled gear one song after the other, homework is done at home with a DAW IMO..building a song from scratch is a breeze that way in today's software.

#432991 - 06/16/17 09:29 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
124 Offline

Donny, I'd love to hear some of your 'builds'. Can you put up a couple on here? I wish I had the patience to get into all this stuff.

#432992 - 06/16/17 09:45 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By 124
Donny, I'd love to hear some of your 'builds'. Can you put up a couple on here? I wish I had the patience to get into all this stuff.

Too much work involed to just give it away publicly sorry.... It takes years to perfect the process...good luck

Edited by Dnj (06/16/17 09:46 AM)

#432993 - 06/16/17 09:49 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

All that editing/sequencing, etc, can be done inside your computer with a good DAW much more efficiently then on any kb,.. They need to just make a lightweight, great keybed 61,76,88, versions, giant tilt display, pro sequencer, knobs, sliders, drum pads, TC VH unit inside, small slim foot print, and leave the editing to software programs which also should be included in the box with full professional easy to follow Instructional Tutorials online on their website for all features,...

Sequencing can be done in a computer... however, if you add the tools for edditing and building sequences into the keyboard... and add an option to eddit on a big remote screen... the workflow can be much much more fluent as you develope in the keyboard, with the right engines for the right tools....

Sound edditing in all its depth should be available in the keyboard for real time tweaking (easy superficial interface) as well indepth (deep menu structure). This is what puts the pa4x way above the Tyros5 in my book..

In my world the perfect keyboard would work perfectly witouth ever using a computer.. (altough the option to add an external screen for edditing, as well as note readin, music and cheat sheets, would be a convenience). So you would have a keyboard, with a big screen instead of a musicsheetstand)

Everything integrated in the keyboard... top layer for easy access and edditing basics... and real time controll.... deep layers for those that want to dive really deep... and guess what, this is exactly what yamaha has done with the Montage.

#432994 - 06/16/17 10:03 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: shueymusic]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By shueymusic

I am with Johnathan..... My go to sequencer has always been on the keyboard.. My two best...The Roland G1000 and the G70..
I was disappointed when I got the BK5..no sequencer, and the same with the EA7..

Donny did you forget how the G1000 sequencer fixed your problem SMF's, when you had no other solution..

The G1000 had an easy fix that the G70 lacks..

One 0f the major advantages on the G70 sequencer, is an easy fix removing system exclusive info in micro edit... allowing other keyboards to be able to play the file..

Very few people even try to learn the on board sequencer... they are looking for an easy out on a PC.... there is none... The on board sequencer was designed to be more efficient with work flow..

#432995 - 06/16/17 11:59 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Everyone has their way of doing things, ....if it works for someone fine so be it,....I personally can do it both ways but feel more efficient doing my musical work on the computer using a DAW.

But if I had to choose doning it on a Kb it wold be No Contest!
The Roland Fantom G series hands-down!

Edited by Dnj (06/16/17 12:24 PM)

#432996 - 06/16/17 12:23 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Donny, most of your work is adding vocal tracks to an audio track... The PC namely MixCraft is perfect for this..

But what we are referring to is sequencing... midi data recording and editing..

Even the Fantom doesn't match the G70 for this...It is too time consuming.

Here is an example...On the G70 you can record a style play with muted tracks, as a midi capture.. send it to the on board sequencer, record any tracks over it you like, and edit anything you want.. Resave as a SMF.... Now try that on the fantom.. My example maybe takes 1/2 an hour.. tops.... Your Fantom, I'll check back with you tomorrow....and help you finish it.

#432997 - 06/16/17 12:28 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Fran.....I also play & add many extra tracks to audio musically and vocally and cut, copy, paste edit FX also, I'm comfortable with that....it's a very involved process to get it the way you need for your arrangement. Let's face it today not many have a Roland G70 or would ever buy one if you could even find one in today's high tech KB world,....yes it has many great features but not many players would even consider it anymore. Your a Master G70 artist for sure,.....enjoy.

Edited by Dnj (06/16/17 12:30 PM)

#433005 - 06/16/17 02:41 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: spalding1968]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I hear many negatives about the Tyros 5. I believe it is a fantastic keyboard when used in the right venue.

If I turned to only playing at home, it’s Pa4x out, new Tyros in.
Right now I’m battling the; “Can I still play out, or is it over”.

John C.

#433006 - 06/16/17 02:52 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
I hear many negatives about the Tyros 5. I believe it is a fantastic keyboard when used in the right venue.

John C.

yes retirement can be a cruel thing,.....but music lives on in your heart & soul and as long as you breath you can make music even at home in many ways, like record albums for your friends, write songs, arrange & compose, teach others, learn a new instrument, or learn how to use a DAW software, VST's, etc, etc, .....just remember the good times and never give up.. cool2

Edited by Dnj (06/16/17 02:54 PM)

#433016 - 06/17/17 02:00 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Good advice Donny. Although most of the active members who post daily are, or were playing out, the majority of the members are not. I am sure music to many of the home players is as important in their lives as it is to us.

#433018 - 06/17/17 03:56 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: bruno123]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123

John C.

Tyros 5 can easilly be used to play out...
However, size and weight are a negative one compared to pa4x..

My biggest complain about the Tyros 5 is the minimal onboard options for sound creation and edditing.. also the user interface of the Pa4x is much better for real time interaction.

But for just sit and play, Tyros works very well...

#433019 - 06/17/17 05:36 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Tyros has always been a "home organ mentality creation"....hope that changes in the future..

Edited by Dnj (06/17/17 05:40 AM)

#433020 - 06/17/17 05:37 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Now, I might be interested in a TYRTOS - what does it do??
smile

#433025 - 06/17/17 09:02 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I understand that some people prefer to do the editing and sequencing on the computer and that's fine. But it makes no logical sense to remove a function that a lot of musicians require for immediacy in terms of editing and sequencing on board the keyboard it costs virtually nothing extra . Some people don't want to have two keyboards, one for the studio and one for performing. It makes no sense to me anyway.

#433027 - 06/17/17 10:38 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: spalding1968]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I understand that some people prefer to do the editing and sequencing on the computer and that's fine. But it makes no logical sense to remove a function that a lot of musicians require for immediacy in terms of editing and sequencing on board the keyboard it costs virtually nothing extra . Some people don't want to have two keyboards, one for the studio and one for performing. It makes no sense to me anyway.

To the pro it does seem illogical, however, as pro use of an arranger is miniscule in comparison to the home user, (Which is what arrangers were designed for, as there basically just advanced versions of the old easy play features that were added to organs) so it is quite logical, the main reason Korg (And to a certain extent Roland) have more advanced features, is because they never had a dedicated home and pro user department, so in the beginning everything was just a dumbed down version of their pro keyboards, (Contrast this with Yamaha who have always had separate departments for home and pro) hence the reason that for quite a number of years a lot of users found them intimidating compared to Yamaha. (And also Technics)
Simple really
Bill

#433038 - 06/17/17 07:53 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Tyros has always been a "home organ mentality creation"....hope that changes in the future..

Thanks for changing your post, but now I can't edit my comment and it looks like I'm nuts! smile

#433046 - 06/17/17 11:13 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

Thanks for changing your post, but now I can't edit my comment and it looks like I'm nuts! smile

Aren't we all?

#433055 - 06/18/17 07:09 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

Aren't we all?

Yup, yup.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online