SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#432038 - 05/21/17 11:53 AM Yamaha S970/S950 Audio Link
Dnj Offline

How many are utilizing this feature on the S970/S950...?

Edited by Dnj (05/21/17 12:15 PM)

#432047 - 05/21/17 01:20 PM Re: Yamaha S970/S950 Audio Link [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Donny,
This is a great feature I am really interested in.
I already use some audio for Multi pads, but would like to use more...
Just gotta find a good website where I can download them.
Great for Dance (EDM) music for example.
You can also play the intro of any song as audio first, so the audience can recognize the song right away and then continue with a generic style.
The possibilities are endless ...

Check this one out for example:
http://prostylemusic.net/item/party-rock-anthem-sx70-t45
Style and Audio ...
Even though I would prefer to sing if I can .... wink

Eric

#432060 - 05/21/17 08:01 PM Re: Yamaha S970/S950 Audio Link [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Of course you aware that you cannot use those Audio Pads and play any style that uses Audio drums, or an audio style because the player is already being used by the links. Additionally, you cannot record your song directly on the keyboard's onboard Audio recorder/player while using the audio links or audio styles. You must use an outboard recorder to do this. It is a fantastic feature, though, and you can also record your own voice into the multi-pads or some background do-wap audio sounds that you can play and sing with, but again, they can only be recorded with an external recorder and not the onboard recorder because it acts as the player and cannot do both functions simultaneously.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#432061 - 05/21/17 09:23 PM Re: Yamaha S970/S950 Audio Link [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Of course you aware that you cannot use those Audio Pads and play any style that uses Audio drums, or an audio style because the player is already being used by the links. Additionally, you cannot record your song directly on the keyboard's onboard Audio recorder/player while using the audio links or audio styles. You must use an outboard recorder to do this. It is a fantastic feature, though, and you can also record your own voice into the multi-pads or some background do-wap audio sounds that you can play and sing with, but again, they can only be recorded with an external recorder and not the onboard recorder because it acts as the player and cannot do both functions simultaneously.

All the best,

Gary cool

I think Korg has covered this part much better...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432071 - 05/22/17 05:30 AM Re: Yamaha S970/S950 Audio Link [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
[quote=travlin'easy]Of course you aware that you cannot use those Audio Pads and play any style that uses Audio drums, or an audio style because the player is already being used by the links. Additionally, you cannot record your song directly on the keyboard's onboard Audio recorder/player while using the audio links or audio styles. You must use an outboard recorder to do this. It is a fantastic feature, though, and you can also record your own voice into the multi-pads or some background do-wap audio sounds that you can play and sing with, but again, they can only be recorded with an external recorder and not the onboard recorder because it acts as the player and cannot do both functions simultaneously.
All the best,
Gary cool [quote]
I think Korg has covered this part much better...

Roland has a fantastic version of audio key link too in these demos so well done.... on the BK9...enjoy

Edited by Dnj (05/22/17 05:54 AM)

#432072 - 05/22/17 05:41 AM Re: Yamaha S970/S950 Audio Link [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B
Hi Donny,
You can also play the intro of any song as audio first, so the audience can recognize the song right away and then continue with a generic style.

Style and Audio ...

Eric

Eric its easy pretty much just take any song bring into your DAW editor like Mixcraft, Cubase, etc,..once song is imported you can cut and paste or edit, save any parts of a song you would like to use for your Audio link keys on a USB thumb rive making it your own custom parts to use,....so much can be done to add to your songs this way,.....

Edited by Dnj (05/22/17 10:13 AM)

#432119 - 05/22/17 04:10 PM Re: Yamaha S970/S950 Audio Link [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Eric, B
Hi Donny,

Style and Audio ...

Eric

Eric its easy pretty much just take any song bring into your DAW editor like Mixcraft, Cubase, etc,..once song is imported you can cut and paste or edit, save any parts of a song you would like to use for your Audio link keys on a USB thumb rive making it your own custom parts to use,....so much can be done to add to your songs this way,.....

Cool.
Thanks.
Never played with those programs.
I'll look into it.
Eric

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online