SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#431616 - 05/11/17 09:35 AM Re: Mic Recomindation for feedback rejection [Re: Steve A]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Steve A
I have found the Super Cardoid Neumann KMS 105 condenser mic - it will run you about $600 plus, but worth every penny.

I think that mic is awesome, but fails to overide the on board preamps of any built in keyboard I've ever had. I SO wanted to love it, but plugging it into my Korgs, Yamahas, Ketrons etc ... it never outshone the EV/Sennheiser class I have been using. When plugged directly into a better desk - It's amazing, but coming through a built in kb setup - you don't get the extra money's worth IMHO.

#431625 - 05/11/17 12:47 PM Re: Mic Recomindation for feedback rejection [Re: Uncle Dave]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Steve A
I have found the Super Cardoid Neumann KMS 105 condenser mic - it will run you about $600 plus, but worth every penny.

I think that mic is awesome, but fails to overide the on board preamps of any built in keyboard I've ever had. I SO wanted to love it, but plugging it into my Korgs, Yamahas, Ketrons etc ... it never outshone the EV/Sennheiser class I have been using. When plugged directly into a better desk - It's amazing, but coming through a built in kb setup - you don't get the extra money's worth IMHO.

Yes you need a great mixer to appreciate it

#431630 - 05/11/17 04:36 PM Re: Mic Recomindation for feedback rejection [Re: Steve A]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Friends

I also play in some large venues, My T5 with 2 Turbosound IP 1000 and 2 Bose Compacts one of each on each side. NO Feedback, I use an AKG D5S, Super cardoid of course.

My 2 Cents.

Manuel

#431783 - 05/15/17 09:44 PM Re: Mic Recomindation for feedback rejection [Re: montunoman]
Duane O Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest, California, USA
My wife and I switched to each of us using a Sennheiser MD421 years ago, and have never had anymore feedback problems.

Duane O'D

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online