SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#431706 - 05/14/17 10:31 AM OT: we never know ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... what the next moment will bring ... Last Monday I was in our kitchen preparing a marinade for some ribs I was going to grill for dinner and the next thing I vaguely remember was phoning my wife and telling her I wasn't feeling well and that she should come home, and the next thing after that I vaguely remember is calling 911 ... then I found myself in RI Hospital ER ...

Apparently I passed out and fell in the kitchen hitting my head on something ... a CAT scan showed some slight bleeding but a second one about 6 hours later showed 'stability' ...

After EEG, Carotid artery sonogram, echo cardiogram, neurology tests, etc. etc. everything came out good, which is the good news, but there is no definitive answer as to what happened ... the Dr. at RI hosp said over 50% of cases where someone has blacked out go 'undiagnosed' ... I have a follow up with my MD tomorrow, and was told to follow up with a Neuro Dr in a couple of weeks ...

I'm still not feeling 100% - some weakness, light headed, etc., plus, I was given a 'seizure blocker' medication for a few days, the side affects of which are dizziness, light-headed, etc. frown
I have been 'laying low' - no keyboard in almost a week, gave up a gig with the female vocalist for today ...

Could have been worse, no doubt ...

But, we NEVER know ...

#431708 - 05/14/17 10:36 AM Re: OT: we never know ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony sorry to hear that......
please go get the best medical treatment available and hopefully you will be on your way to good health.......Im rootin for you buddy..live everyday as if it was your last!!

Edited by Dnj (05/14/17 11:20 AM)

#431709 - 05/14/17 10:39 AM Re: OT: we never know ... [Re: tony mads usa]
124 Offline

Get well soon, Tony.

#431710 - 05/14/17 10:50 AM Re: OT: we never know ... [Re: tony mads usa]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Tony....
Thank God you had the presence of mind to call 911 when you did.
Best to you.
Eddie

#431711 - 05/14/17 11:27 AM Re: OT: we never know ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Sounds exactly like what juat happened two weeks ago to the 26 year old who manages the Music Store I teach at. Got light headed and went down banging his head on the counter. Given the same meds as you describe, told to quit drinking, straighten out his diet and hydrate a lot more. He told the doc that he doesn't drink or eat anything all day at the store. Closest thing they could tell him was they "think" it was dehydration, who knows.
Anyway take it easy and feel better soon. Good for you for the 911 call and not trying to pass it off.

#431720 - 05/14/17 04:33 PM Re: OT: we never know ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Tony, as one of my favorite people, don't scare us like that. Get better and I promise I won't bad-mouth another accordion performance smile.

chas

#431721 - 05/14/17 04:33 PM Re: OT: we never know ... [Re: tony mads usa]
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Sorry to hear that Tony. I hope your welll and out playing your keyboard soon.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#431722 - 05/14/17 05:25 PM Re: OT: we never know ... [Re: montunoman]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Tony I’m sad to hear what happen. Please stay positive, you may have been given a warning of something that can be taken care of. Many people never receive a warning.

On the easy side – we need you here on this forum. You are on my always read list. You’re not allowed to get sick.
T
ake care my friend, you will be in my prayers, John C.

#431724 - 05/14/17 07:12 PM Re: OT: we never know ... [Re: btweengigs]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By btweengigs
Tony....
Thank God you had the presence of mind to call 911 when you did.
Best to you.
Eddie

Tony, we've talked by phone after this happened, but I echo Ed's comment about having the presence of mind to call 911. Stay well and you know I'm only a 20 minute drive away, you've got my phone number, don't hesitate to call if I can help you in any way.

#431726 - 05/14/17 07:39 PM Re: OT: we never know ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, glad you had the presence of mind to call 911 when things went awry. You would be absolutely amazed at the number of folks that experience heart attacks and ignore the symptoms.

Good luck old friend,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online