Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#43152 - 10/17/05 07:46 AM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandgroper:
......I would greatly appreciate a copy if anyone has done it.( grovel, grovel )

Maybe it's something in your mailbox by now?
Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#43153 - 10/17/05 10:20 PM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
[B] Maybe it's something in your mailbox by now?
Happy Playing
GJ

Yes, Many thanks Gunnar,you're the tops. I did send you a thank you email but maybe you haven't got it,as I have spent the last 2 days fighting "drop out" problems with my new broadband connection
If anyone would like a copy of your converted Tyros "Tijuana" style I can mail it out when I finish a bit of a tweak.
Regards to all
Eddie

[This message has been edited by Sandgroper (edited 10-17-2005).]

#43154 - 10/21/05 01:17 AM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Sandgroper Offline

Er, Gunnar mate, I have a bit of a problem.
I finaly got around to doing the tweak today and was quite pleased with the results. Flushed with pride I called upon the other half of the duo ( Melva, my wife who actually plays the thing, I just play Saxes & tweak things ) I played the chord for the intro." Oh that sounds good " she said. But that's where the wheels fell off !!!
Below the split point one key. Above the split point a different key. I think maybe it was not in C when you converted it, is there a way to fix it so as you don't have to do it again. Of course, being paranoid, the first thing I thought when I heard it was that the KB had **** itself. When I loaded another file and it worked OK you could have heard the sigh of relief in Norway
Regards to all
Eddie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
[B] Maybe it's something in your mailbox by now?
Happy Playing
GJ

Yes, Many thanks Gunnar,you're the tops. I did send you a thank you email but maybe you haven't got it,as I have spent the last 2 days fighting "drop out" problems with my new broadband connection
If anyone would like a copy of your converted Tyros "Tijuana" style I can mail it out when I finish a bit of a tweak.
Regards to all
Eddie

#43155 - 10/29/05 02:41 AM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Sandgroper Offline

Hi all,
I posted this on another thread about 10 days ago, but the only reply so far has been from Ann, in New Zealand who reminded me to check that a foot switch set to Glide wasn't causing the problem. Unfortunatly it wasn't that so I'm bumping it up the list again in the hope that some of you knowledgable people will come up with an answer.The problem is in a converted Tyros style, kindly sent by Gunnar, which tweaked really well, BUT!!! Now read on.

Originally posted by Sandgroper:
[B]Er, Gunnar mate, I have a bit of a problem.
I finaly got around to doing the tweak today and was quite pleased with the results. Flushed with pride I called upon the other half of the duo ( Melva, my wife who actually plays the thing, I just play Saxes & tweak things ) I played the chord for the intro." Oh that sounds good " she said. But that's where the wheels fell off !!!
Below the split point one key. Above the split point a different key (a semitone difference) I think maybe it was not in C when you converted it, is there a way to fix it from this end, so as you don't have to do it again. Of course, being paranoid, the first thing I thought when I heard it was that the KB had **** itself. When I loaded another file and it worked OK you could have heard the sigh of relief in Norway
Regards to all
Eddie

#43156 - 10/29/05 04:17 PM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Try going to:-

Programme Menu
Part Setting
Scroll through Part 1 & 2
(You should now be at LEFT part)
Check to see if the Key Shift is '0' or whether it matches part 1 & 2. If not, take the necessary action to clear it.

Also the 'Pan' setting could be different, making either/any part sound higher or lower than others.

Another area to check is the 'Expand Mode Filter' Look at page 2 to see whether the 'transpose' matches all parts. Maybe a part has been altered from a previous setting and forgotten about.

Worth looking at anyway - hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

#43157 - 10/30/05 02:23 AM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Sandgroper Offline

Hi Audrey
Thanks for your suggestion. I had been concentrating on the style side of things and your post made me think outside the frame I was working in.:O I did all you suggested but nothing seemed amiss. I tried everything in these areas, but still no luck. Then out of desperation I thought to try the "Custom Panel" button. Eureka !!!!
I don't know where the problem was, but that fixed it. In an effort to track the actual problem I tried saving the fixed version with a different name and switching back and forth between the two, to try and spot the difference in the settings. Beats me but hey,the result is great.
Thanks for the sugestions that made me approach from a new angle.
Regards
Eddie

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Try going to:-

Programme Menu
Part Setting
Scroll through Part 1 & 2
(You should now be at LEFT part)
Check to see if the Key Shift is '0' or whether it matches part 1 & 2. If not, take the necessary action to clear it.

Also the 'Pan' setting could be different, making either/any part sound higher or lower than others.

Another area to check is the 'Expand Mode Filter' Look at page 2 to see whether the 'transpose' matches all parts. Maybe a part has been altered from a previous setting and forgotten about.

Worth looking at anyway - hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online