Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#426389 - 09/21/16 09:02 PM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
You really have to screw up big time to get banned.

Gary cool

A bit like Synthzone I guess laugh And here you have to do that more than once before I get pissed.

#426397 - 09/22/16 08:42 AM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: Alan-Russell]
Alan-Russell Offline

Gary,

I was only trying graciously to help others to grow musically but the Song's forum led by Rodger B. always tried to refute my suggestions to those members by telling them what their doing is good enough. I do believe he was the one who clipped me. There is no profanity or non constructive critiques in any of my posts to those members. This action on me was a poor decision.

#426401 - 09/22/16 10:33 AM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: Alan-Russell]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Alan-Russell
Gary,

I was only trying graciously to help others to grow musically but the Song's forum led by Rodger B. always tried to refute my suggestions to those members by telling them what their doing is good enough. I do believe he was the one who clipped me. There is no profanity or non constructive critiques in any of my posts to those members. This action on me was a poor decision.

There is allways drama involved....

Personally constructive crticisme is a good thing, this is what makes you better....

And to be honest, there is no such thing as good enough, there is good, better, best... Good enough sounds like medicoreness... Maybe even my music could quallify as nearly good enough...

Luckilly, i can see enough room to improve, thats why i dont post anything thats near to perfect.... And my playing is still very far from that...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#426402 - 09/22/16 10:43 AM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: Anonymous]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Alan, I don't know what went wrong - I don't get to that part of the forum very often. I'll have to check out your most recent posts, which will take some time.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#426403 - 09/22/16 10:52 AM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: travlin'easy]
Alan-Russell Offline

Gary, please review all of them. Let me know if they purged them if you get a chance.

#426406 - 09/22/16 12:52 PM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: Anonymous]
travlin'easy Offline

Alan, they are still there, every one of them. While everyone acknowledges your musical and technical skills, I think some of your comments were anything but constructive criticism, and in fact, some seemed hurtful toward the OP. I don't expect anyone to be politically correct when it comes to posting comments on another's musical submissions, however, there needs to be a degree of discretion when making any comments, positive or negative. I can readily see Roger's point of view, particularly in the post you made pertaining to a song Torben and his female vocalist. Torben, who is an extremely talented musician, has been on the PSR Tutorial forum for many years, he has contributed a lot outstanding creations to that segment of the forum and has offered technical assistance to many over those years. In that particular post, you had nothing constructive to say, no real advice that would improve the submission, just some nasty comments a few missing passing chords, and his vocalist talent that were uncalled for. Though I didn't take time to read all your posts, there apparently were several similar incidents that caused Roger to take the action he took.

Good luck,

Gary cool

#431355 - 05/04/17 10:42 AM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: Anonymous]
Johnmak Offline

Loc: Vietnam
As a learner, I agree. The PSR Tutorial Forum is really helpful ..... I feel sad that I am drawn to Korg keyboard. I fancied the PSR S970 on paper and YouTube but was so disappointed with the keybed when I drove up to Saigon to try it. So mushy and no "feel" ..... no anything from the key bed but what great sounds and styles. And what a great forum they have. It would be perfect for a learner like me.

Kind reds,
Johnmak

#431357 - 05/04/17 10:54 AM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: Anonymous]
travlin'easy Offline

Johnmak,

Not everyone wants a firm keybed, and the keybed is not what dictates whether or not the keyboard is professional or not. It's what comes out of the keyboard that determines the overall quality.

Now, some folks, primarily those who were piano players, and sometimes, accordion player, in the past. They often utilize the key pressure to develop some sort of expression to their playing, which is good thing. Others, such as myself, could care less about weighted or semi-weighted keys because we are sitting down at the keyboard 5 to 7 days a week, often several hours a day, and playing to live audiences, which in itself is very demanding on both our minds and bodies. After just an hour of performing with a weighted keybed, my hands begin to cramp. A couple nights behind fully weighted keys and I have to soak my hands in hot, salted water to kill the pain. For me, those lightweight keys were the best thing since sliced bread.

Now, as you stated, the sounds provided by the S-970, and the S-950 are incredible, and the styles are absolutely outstanding, which is the two main reasons to purchase any arranger keyboard. While there are hundreds of other onboard features available in most keyboard, the vast majority of them are rarely used by players, both home and pro, which never ceased to amaze me.

Good luck on whatever you decide upon,

Gary cool

#505492 - 04/18/22 08:53 AM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: Alan-Russell]
Alan-Russell Offline

6 years have gone by...The Genos is what I use for all of our productions along with Cubase 12 Pro. Why can't people forgive?

#505493 - 04/18/22 09:08 AM Re: PSR Tutorial [Re: Anonymous]
travlin'easy Offline

Alan, I had nothing to do with your banning. I don't usually get to make those decisions without consulting all the other moderators, and it is really rare that I even think about banning someone.

You may want to talk with Roger.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online