SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#431569 - 05/10/17 12:48 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Items that are sold mainly into the consumer market, (Which all arrangers are designed for) the manufactures have to make them at least partly backward compatible otherwise they will lose the solid user base, which makes it difficult for manufactures to break new ground, however in the pro market, nobody bats an eyelid, as they are all looking for something new and innovative to add to what they already have. (If you look back since arrangers (As we know them today) came about, there has not been anything new or innovative, but instead there have been incremental improvements in sounds and features, plus the addition of pro features from about 5 years previous)

With Yamaha getting its fingers burnt over the poor sales of the T5, (Compared to the other T models except the T1) it will be interesting to see if they bite the bullet and forget Tyros, or just fix what is basically a good board, with the T6. (Assuming the accountants don’t pull the plug on TOTL Yamaha Arrangers, as their MOTL Arrangers are selling like hot cakes)

We will have to wait and see what (If anything) comes out from Yamaha in the future. (Forgetting the Tyros and any backward compatibility, and instead going for something totally revolutionary would be the ideal)

Bill

#431573 - 05/10/17 04:57 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: Stephenm52]
Korgman5
Unregistered

The official release date of the Tyros 5 was Nov. 11th, 2013.
I ordered mine as soon as it became available and received it
on Dec.17, 2013. Lloyd

#431574 - 05/10/17 06:15 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
Dnj Offline

#431581 - 05/10/17 11:02 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Items that are sold mainly into the consumer market, (Which all arrangers are designed for) the manufactures have to make them at least partly backward compatible otherwise they will lose the solid user base, which makes it difficult for manufactures to break new ground, however in the pro market, nobody bats an eyelid, as they are all looking for something new and innovative to add to what they already have. (If you look back since arrangers (As we know them today) came about, there has not been anything new or innovative, but instead there have been incremental improvements in sounds and features, plus the addition of pro features from about 5 years previous)

With Yamaha getting its fingers burnt over the poor sales of the T5, (Compared to the other T models except the T1) it will be interesting to see if they bite the bullet and forget Tyros, or just fix what is basically a good board, with the T6. (Assuming the accountants don’t pull the plug on TOTL Yamaha Arrangers, as their MOTL Arrangers are selling like hot cakes)

We will have to wait and see what (If anything) comes out from Yamaha in the future. (Forgetting the Tyros and any backward compatibility, and instead going for something totally revolutionary would be the ideal)

Bill
assumptions...

i think if the next yamaha arranger is really innovative and several steps forward.... noboddy will care about backward compatibillity, espescially not the home users...
Backward compatibillity only becomes an item if the step forward is minimal as we have been used inthe last decade..

According to Yamaha Europe, Tyros 5 has been the best selling Tyros of all time(worldwide) espescially the 76 key version was a huge succes in europe.. tough numbers dropped in the last year,... but then the first 3 years make up for the total succes

I highly doubt your source for the Tyros 5 being less successfull then earlier models. You might base your opinion on a micro local market and not on worldwide sales

Edited by Bachus (05/10/17 11:03 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431587 - 05/10/17 03:25 PM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

Bill
assumptions...

i think if the next yamaha arranger is really innovative and several steps forward.... noboddy will care about backward compatibillity, espescially not the home users...
Backward compatibillity only becomes an item if the step forward is minimal as we have been used inthe last decade..

According to Yamaha Europe, Tyros 5 has been the best selling Tyros of all time(worldwide) espescially the 76 key version was a huge succes in europe.. tough numbers dropped in the last year,... but then the first 3 years make up for the total succes

I highly doubt your source for the Tyros 5 being less successfull then earlier models. You might base your opinion on a micro local market and not on worldwide sales

HI Bachus

My information comes off the record from dealers, not the manufactures, who if you listen to them (And nobody who knows the trade does) all the T series have done great, even the T1, however as everybody worldwide knows, the Technics KN7000 outsold the T1 by a factor of 2 – 1.
The golden rule is, always take what the manufactures say with a pinch of salt, as the real information comes from the trenches.

Bill

#431591 - 05/10/17 09:50 PM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

Bill
assumptions...

HI Bachus

My information comes off the record from dealers, not the manufactures, who if you listen to them (And nobody who knows the trade does) all the T series have done great, even the T1, however as everybody worldwide knows, the Technics KN7000 outsold the T1 by a factor of 2 – 1.
The golden rule is, always take what the manufactures say with a pinch of salt, as the real information comes from the trenches.

Bill

Dealers in Holland say something different... Thats what i said, your assumptions are based on a local market... Not global.

Same for the S970, its selling better then the S950

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431594 - 05/11/17 01:39 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

[quote=BachusSame for the S970, its selling better then the S950 [/quote]

Never said it wasn’t, in fact, if you look at all my posts I rate the 970 as the best MOTL Arranger on the market, easily outselling the rest of the manufactures. It’s the T5 that is the lame duck in the 2 biggest markets for arrangers in Europe, (Germany & UK) the other countries in Europe are incidental, with low sales in comparison. (That’s the reason you get special sound and style packs for Germany & the UK, but not the rest)
The same applies to the US, which although big, the sales of arrangers are miniscule in comparison, hence the many requests of US arranger players get ignored, unless it matches something that Germany or the UK requires.

Bill

#431627 - 05/11/17 12:50 PM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Correction
The release of the Tyros 5 was on Nov.11,2013. Lloyd

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online