SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#431505 - 05/08/17 10:42 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: musicforyourday]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By musicforyourday
Better PIANO DID I SAY BETTER PIANO HOW DID I REALLY FEEL ABOUT IT

BETTER PIANO.

Sure thing, and when we are at it.... an 88 key version...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431506 - 05/08/17 11:26 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: Beakybird]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Beakybird

It would be nice if Yamaha started introducing sympathetic string resonance and other piano-like behaviors. However, much of what makes a piano feel like a piano are those weighted keys. And what's perfect for piano is not so perfect for synths, organ, and guitar sounds.

Sure sounds like you've been playing a Roland FP90!!! smile smile

#431508 - 05/08/17 11:47 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sure glad I'm retired - just wish the weather would improve so I could spend more time sailing and drinking good booze. wink

Be patient, they will build it and DNJ will buy it! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#431509 - 05/08/17 11:50 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
Dnj Offline

Gary, ...times have changed,....sailing sounds good,

Edited by Dnj (05/08/17 12:16 PM)

#431519 - 05/08/17 03:46 PM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
One thing I would love to see on an arranger...even the 970. Multiple outputs would be so convenient. Kick, snare, overheads, stereo pair 1 and stereo pair 2. Mixing in the instrument is clunky for an old studio engineer like me. Can't be that expensive to add additional outs.

#431541 - 05/09/17 05:59 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
If i change to a other brand than yamaha i lost so much value on the software i have purchased the past 12 years , so i must stay to Yamaha
I am happy with my T5 , but there is always something to improve , for example the speed of the proccesor is not able on this moment to keep up
with the "Ensemble" voices ,when you play it fast it hick-up .
Also the voice editing must be possible on board , not with the terrible program "expansion Manager" ( so Slooooow)
And of course they must improve the drawbar effect's , more a "punchy" overdrive so that youre be able to "rock" with them .
The Piano isnt bad if you play as a pianist , as keyboardplayer it sounds to "Yamahies" , they can do a lot better (Motif/Montage)
I can go on fore a while , but we have to wait if Yamaha have listen to his customers . . .
There been some meetings with customers. . so i have good hope . . . ( i being there) ( classified :-) )

Impuls

#431542 - 05/09/17 06:41 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
Beakybird Offline

When I play my S970 S.A. piano with an 88-weighted key controller, it sounds pretty good.

A lot of what makes a piano a piano is the feel.

#431556 - 05/09/17 11:39 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: Impuls]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Impuls
If i change to a other brand than yamaha i lost so much value on the software i have purchased the past 12 years , so i must stay to Yamaha
I am happy with my T5 , but there is always something to improve , for example the speed of the proccesor is not able on this moment to keep up
with the "Ensemble" voices ,when you play it fast it hick-up .
Also the voice editing must be possible on board , not with the terrible program "expansion Manager" ( so Slooooow)
And of course they must improve the drawbar effect's , more a "punchy" overdrive so that youre be able to "rock" with them .
The Piano isnt bad if you play as a pianist , as keyboardplayer it sounds to "Yamahies" , they can do a lot better (Motif/Montage)
I can go on fore a while , but we have to wait if Yamaha have listen to his customers . . .
There been some meetings with customers. . so i have good hope . . . ( i being there) ( classified :-) )

Impuls

You do realise that with a namechange there is also a chance of the supposed new Genos nit being backward compatible? If Yamaha really wants to move forward, they need to drop some or maybe even all of the old stuff..

#431566 - 05/09/17 08:24 PM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
It will probably be our luck in that Yamaha will probably sell some extra piece of gear to purchase in order to modify, or make all the old styles compatible with the newest arranger. Or, make us purchase some kind of computer program to do the same.

#431568 - 05/09/17 09:47 PM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: J. Larry]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By J. Larry
It will probably be our luck in that Yamaha will probably sell some extra piece of gear to purchase in order to modify, or make all the old styles compatible with the newest arranger. Or, make us purchase some kind of computer program to do the same.

That all depends on the new technollogy... And since Yamaha makes more money from their online store then from you reissuing old styles... it could just as well not happen at all.. Keep in mind that Yamaha is syill creating Tyros with homeplayers in mind, and in general they care less for backward compatibillity then gigging players..

Just saying, but there indeed have been a few rumors of the Genos not being compatible with the Tyros range styles at all...

Offcourse, if YAmaha was willing to invest... there could be 2 style players (just like there is an audio and a midi player) being totally independent of eachother... and the system using the player rquired by the file type..

It can go both ways, how important is backward compatibillity for you when buying a new arranger?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online