SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#431448 - 05/07/17 04:59 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: jingleman]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By jingleman
If you have all the sounds and styles you need... what would be your definition of "revolutionary"?

For Yamaha? A competitive price.

#431459 - 05/07/17 07:21 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA

Bachus: What type of auto-accompaniment would you like to see. 970 introduced arppegiation, more of this?

We all know price for TOTL Yamaha is geared toward wealthy (not necessarily rich) home user. I don't see that changing. PSR line appears more price competitive for general user and offers a pretty good bang for the buck.

Korg has filled the gap between 970 and high end Yamaha (even beyond T5), so where does the arranger market need to go?

I like the sounds on the Ketron, but styles seem dated. Plus stability issues have plagued their instruments.

Anyway...food for thought!

#431477 - 05/07/17 05:15 PM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm a professional user, not a "wealthy home user", I perform about 150 gigs a year so I am looking for pro features.

Off the top of my head:
- audio time stretching in multi pads
- arpegiators
- DJ FX and transitions
- Synth engine with filters to allow for EDM creation
- Drum mixer with volume, bleed, pan, compression and fx control
- while we are at it some decent acoustic and electronic drum kits
- DMX integration (for light shows)
- Real multiband audio EQ on every channel
- Real compression on every channel
- Decent mastering effects (like Waves L2)
- phantom Mic and upgraded Mic handling

And that's off the top of my head....

#431478 - 05/07/17 05:18 PM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
- Oh, and how about some pro style editing features
- ability to program SA voices and voice algorithms
- 4GB Ram handling

I could go on forever. There is so much room for revolution.

#431483 - 05/07/17 06:53 PM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
Beakybird Offline

This July will be 4 years. Wow.

I'm an S970 owner. I've noticed that the top of the line PSR always comes out two years after the newest Tyros iteration appears.

So we're probably looking at two years for successor to the PSR-S970.

#431491 - 05/08/17 05:44 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Beakybird

your first clue as the "normal" isn't normal anymore... wink

Yamaha needed to catch up and I predict something very different if at all this time around, as always needs and wants have to be addressed to survive or people drift away,......we'll see cool2

Edited by Dnj (05/08/17 06:27 AM)

#431493 - 05/08/17 07:33 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Beakybird

your first clue as the "normal" isn't normal anymore... wink

Yamaha needed to catch up and I predict something very different if at all this time around, as always needs and wants have to be addressed to survive or people drift away,......we'll see cool2

Between Motif XF and Montage there was more then 6 years..

About 2 years ago i got answered the question by Michel Voncken, he said to expect 4 to 5 years.. with current day technollogy aging much slower, Yamaha is making their update cycle much larger... Which will not be a problem as long as the updates are bigger in volume and quallity..

Seems everyone agrees we will see a Tyros6/Genos later this year... as sales dropped to an alltime low over the last year (even tough the Tyros5 seems to be Yamaha's best selling Tyros of them all)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431495 - 05/08/17 08:05 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: chony]
Dnj Offline

Too many alternatives to make music these days you snooze you lose....lets wait and see Yamaha is not the only game in town.

#431501 - 05/08/17 09:21 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Better PIANO DID I SAY BETTER PIANO HOW DID I REALLY FEEL ABOUT IT

BETTER PIANO.

#431503 - 05/08/17 09:52 AM Re: History of Tyros announcement and release dates [Re: musicforyourday]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By musicforyourday
Better PIANO DID I SAY BETTER PIANO HOW DID I REALLY FEEL ABOUT IT

BETTER PIANO.

It would be nice if Yamaha started introducing sympathetic string resonance and other piano-like behaviors. However, much of what makes a piano feel like a piano are those weighted keys. And what's perfect for piano is not so perfect for synths, organ, and guitar sounds.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online