SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#430982 - 04/22/17 07:03 AM Recommend me an arranger
triton_lover Offline

Hi! I'm new here so be gently blush

I use the Korg Pa50 for almost 11 years and i created many sounds and performances from scratch. I also converted my favorite Triton sounds to the Pa50 successfully and i'm really happy with the overall sound (and also my fellow musicians). Very clean and crisp sounding machine, same filters and rom with the Triton.

I have a serious sound compatibility problem that prevents me from upgrading to a new korg arranger. I tried to transfer and re-create my sounds/performances to some of my friend's keyboards (pa600, pa2x, pa4x). The result is not good at all. The filters and resonance are different. Many rom samples has changed or missing. The equalizer options don't help at all.

I really want to keep my hard and tested work from the Pa50 and also benefit from the new sounds and technology the new arranger should offer. I don't want to resample my sounds and lose all the original color and expressiveness.

Any recommendation? Maybe the Pa1x should be an option? (i have been offered a Pa1x pro in excellent condition and a very reasonable price)

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english!

#430983 - 04/22/17 08:26 AM Re: Recommend me an arranger [Re: triton_lover]
Bachus Offline

Why upgrade, if you are happy with your PA50?

You might want to add another keyboard, or a module to it?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#430986 - 04/22/17 08:51 AM Re: Recommend me an arranger [Re: triton_lover]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By triton_lover
Hi! I'm new here so be gently blush

Welcome to SZ ... And your English is as good as most third generation Americans ... wink

Sorry I cannot help with your keyboard problem ...

#430987 - 04/22/17 10:05 AM Re: Recommend me an arranger [Re: triton_lover]
Dnj Offline

welcome ...I would stay with KORG...maybe a Pa80 or something in the Pax line since your familiar wit the OS.

#430996 - 04/22/17 01:17 PM Re: Recommend me an arranger [Re: Bachus]
triton_lover Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Why upgrade, if you are happy with your PA50?

I'm afraid after all those years the Pa50 will start failing (i hope not)

Also i would love a touchscreen, this would made the sound editing and the overall action much faster and easier!

All i ask is a pa50/80/60 with a touchscreen and aftertouch. Is there such a keyboard? Maybe the Pa1x?

Thanks for the replies!

#430999 - 04/22/17 02:12 PM Re: Recommend me an arranger [Re: triton_lover]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway

............ Maybe the Pa1x should be an option? (i have been offered a Pa1x pro in excellent condition and a very reasonable price)

Hi.
Your english is just fine, and to be honest, a lot better than mine. smile
It's often a question about how much money to spend, and I think your thoughts about PA1X is a reasonable step up as a start.
Then you can keep what you have and adapt to the "big brother" being able to listen and compare to both.
If you're happy with the sound of Korg and the OS, just carry on with the brand and dig as deep as you can into all the goodies and learn about all the possibilities there is.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#431007 - 04/23/17 12:02 AM Re: Recommend me an arranger [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

............ Maybe the Pa1x should be an option? (i have been offered a Pa1x pro in excellent condition and a very reasonable price)

Hi.
Your english is just fine, and to be honest, a lot better than mine. smile
It's often a question about how much money to spend, and I think your thoughts about PA1X is a reasonable step up as a start.
Then you can keep what you have and adapt to the "big brother" being able to listen and compare to both.
If you're happy with the sound of Korg and the OS, just carry on with the brand and dig as deep as you can into all the goodies and learn about all the possibilities there is.

I dont think the pa1x/pa800 has the same triton based engine as the pa50/60/80? If i remmeber correctly the sound engine got a huge update... i could be wrong tough..

If you are affraid your pa50 will fail, then buying another 50/60/80 is not really an option... because they will soon folllow the same road...

You even have to ask yourself if you want a pa1x because its also almost 15 years old?

Maybe its time to accpet the fact that you cant take all your sounds with you, and buy a new keyboard which sound you like and start building a new set of sounds before your pa50 breaks down...

The power of the korg synth engine is that its really really flexible and powerfull and you can tweak it all the way to your own ears... much more then any other arranger..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431012 - 04/23/17 02:24 AM Re: Recommend me an arranger [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
You even have to ask yourself if you want a pa1x because its also almost 15 years old?

... Maybe its time to accpet the fact that you cant take all your sounds with you, and buy a new keyboard which sound you like and start building a new set of sounds before your pa50 breaks down...

Agree,
but it's also a question about what you really need, and if you're happy with what you have.
And not to forget, if budget has room for a larger jump.

Btw,
I have MicroArranger, and that's probably the "mini-key" version of PA50.
It's a little beast, and sounds amazingly good. Use to bring it with me when
drive the motorhome around the Scandinavian / European area.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#431015 - 04/23/17 03:35 AM Re: Recommend me an arranger [Re: Bachus]
triton_lover Offline

Maybe its time to accpet the fact that you cant take all your sounds with you, and buy a new keyboard which sound you like and start building a new set of sounds before your pa50 breaks down...

Well, the problem is i really really love and used to the triton warm and clear sound and i just cant reproduce the same results to the new EDS keyboards (at least without re-sampling)

As for the Pa1x, the manual clearly states "Powerful HI (Hyper Integrated) Korg sound generation system", the same as the triton

I agree that's an old machine too, but i want that kind of sound.

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

Btw,
I have MicroArranger, and that's probably the "mini-key" version of PA50.

Probably a MicroArranger with an external midi controller should do the trick for me, but not exactly what i'm looking for frown

#431017 - 04/23/17 07:56 AM Re: Recommend me an arranger [Re: triton_lover]
124 Offline

Then it's the Pa1x for you. Durability? Mine's still going strong, and ask Spalding about his Pa1x.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online