SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#430628 - 04/11/17 12:03 PM Tablet/iPAD and arranger keyboard ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Just a thought ... Many - all ?!? - of us use a USB stick loaded with song files etc. that connects with a 'Songbook' of some sort depending on the particular kb ... Could a 'tablet' be made to plug into the USB port and connect to the 'Songbook' the way a USB does?

#430634 - 04/11/17 02:04 PM Re: Tablet/iPAD and arranger keyboard ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony,

Yesterday you piqued my interest in having my Android Pro12 tablet change Songbook entries and the Songbook entries working in reverse changing what lead/vocal sheets appear on the tablet. On the Pro12 there is a USB port with with a USB cable one end plugs into the tablet and the other end plugs into the back of the board in the port labeled " device". You do not use the midi in, out or thru connections or do you use the host USB connections on front and back of the board.

With that said I downloaded the manual on the how to and played around with it today, it's a straight forward process and works well. I configured it for a dozen tunes today to work and it's flawless. The only caveat is I have 512 tunes loaded in Songbook, not so sure I want to take the time to convert them all.

Edited by Stephenm52 (04/11/17 02:05 PM)
Edit Reason: left out an sentence

#430635 - 04/11/17 02:54 PM Re: Tablet/iPAD and arranger keyboard ... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve ... So glad that worked for you ... we will have to talk, as I want to learn what you are talking about as far as "configuring" the songs ...
I am pretty sure that the Pro12 Tablet is the road I want to take, but I want to have a good idea of what it is going to take to get my music into the tablet and 'synced' with the Pa900 ...

#430637 - 04/11/17 03:47 PM Re: Tablet/iPAD and arranger keyboard ... [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
On the Pro12 there is a USB port with a USB cable one end plugs into the tablet and the other end plugs into the back of the board in the port labeled " device". You do not use the midi in, out or thru connections or do you use the host USB connections on front and back of the board.

Steve, Ya got puzzled. “On the Pro12 there is a USB port with a USB cable one end plugs into the back of the board in the port labeled “device”.

Plugs into the back of what a board??? None of the wires go into the keyboard.
Sorry but I do not understand. Normally a wire of some sort goes from the tablet to the keyboard so that they can communicate.

John C.

#430640 - 04/11/17 04:38 PM Re: Tablet/iPAD and arranger keyboard ... [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
On the Pro12 there is a USB port with a USB cable one end plugs into the tablet and the other end plugs into the back of the board in the port labeled " device". You do not use the midi in, out or thru connections or do you use the host USB connections on front and back of the board.

Steve, Ya got puzzled. “On the Pro12 there is a USB port with a USB cable one end plugs into the back of the board in the port labeled “device”.

Plugs into the back of what a board??? None of the wires go into the keyboard.
Sorry but I do not understand. Normally a wire of some sort goes from the tablet to the keyboard so that they can communicate.

John C.

John, I guess I was speaking geek speak I never did let anyone else in that I was talking Korg arrangers. What I didn't say was yesterday Tony and I met up with our Korg keyboards, I gave him a demo of the Pro 12 Android tablet. Tony asked whether lead sheets could change from Song A to Song b when a different Songbook entry was chosen. The answer is yes, it will also work in reverse, choose a tune on the tablet and it will change the Songbook entry to the appropriate song.

This is the type of USB cable that is used to link the Korg PA series keyboards and the Pro12 tablet. Hope that clears up the confusion. Monoprice sells the cable for $1.34, Amazon for about $4.99, Staples likely to charge $20 or more. If you're anything like me you probably have at least one of these floating around your home. This type of cable was frequently used for wired printers.

#430641 - 04/11/17 05:14 PM Re: Tablet/iPAD and arranger keyboard ... [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I feel better. (smile)
John C.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online