SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#429590 - 03/06/17 09:40 AM Re: Suggestions on becoming a go to audio store [Re: frankieve]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Best thing to do is to direct the customer to the correct piece of gear the first time.

I sold keyboards and piano from 1997 to 2009. I had around $400,000 in sales per year. My returns were low because I tried to direct the customer into the right gear the first time. One year, I sold 65 Yamaha Motif ES keyboards. I loved my job but I saw a major change in the industry over my 11 plus years. Plus, the profit margins really started to dip below the 20% mark. Hard to keep the doors open with a tighter profit line!

You do a great job! Sell you and sell the right gear!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#429591 - 03/06/17 09:50 AM Re: Suggestions on becoming a go to audio store [Re: shueymusic]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Bachus knows internet retailing. Look at Reverb. They have converted a static web page to a blog, with interesting stories about musicians, equipment, venues, etc. they have also produced near broadcast quality video, which they post often.

And he is also right when it comes to positioning. You get a high page placement when you pay for it. I have a client in the staircase kit business. the fee for their position is over $3,000.00 per month.

Remember that when you do a search. Popularity has a hand in the placement, but so do DOLLARS!

Russ

#429602 - 03/06/17 01:43 PM Re: Suggestions on becoming a go to audio store [Re: captain Russ]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Things that encouraged me to buy from a big box seller:

1. Interest free payments...36-48 months.

2. Free shipping.

3. Very competitive pricing.

Biggest weakness of a big box?

Few trade in options.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online