SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#429501 - 03/04/17 04:53 AM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Tommy can play any style. He is probably the best Australian guitarist of all time. Not to mention being the total entertainer.

#429503 - 03/04/17 05:04 AM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Tommy's brother Phil is no slouch on guitar either

#429773 - 03/11/17 11:03 PM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: bruno123]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123

Keep varying the pads with added parts of the style. For the first try, great.
4- Finger Snaps
These four can add excitement if they are used sparingly. By adding finger snaps you create a grove.
5- Soft Strings
6- Horn Riff
7- Jazz, Rock or blues Piano riffs brings a nice change to a boring style.

There is no end to what you can do with Latin music and percussion.

Sometimes I mute everything but the Drums and Bass and add all four pads. The pads might be: Bass Drum, Snaps, Horns, and Strings. Toward the end of a upbeat song might use the style and the pads.

Both on Korg and Yamaha they have a dedicated control to mute parts of the style. The secret is imagination.

John......I thought your remarks here were very helpful and filled with creative ideas. I'm surprised no one picked up on what you said.

I've been toying with the idea myself of "working" the pads to add variety and make more versatile arrangements. Maybe just have a basic bass and bass/snare drum pad playing and do the variations with the hi-hats, cymbals, etc. Especially with Latin numbers.

I really think those "pads" are the most important part of any arranger keyboard when used with imagination.

#429786 - 03/12/17 05:08 AM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Thank you, thank you, the best of the best. If I come back this way again I'm not going to have any kids, I'm not gonna get married -- gonna buy me the best round hole guitar and acoustic amp money can buy and start taking lessons when I am three years old.

This made my day, John C.

#429794 - 03/12/17 08:20 AM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Korg gives us a simple, quick way to mute all the arrangement tracks, and leave the bass and drums playing. I assign that feature to one of the trigger buttons near the joystick. I often start a song with no clutter, just adding my own right hand piano/strings etc to the rhythm, then after a few verses, maybe add the acc parts in for the busier sections. On my PA900 (as well as the 3x, 4x series) I designate the 3 buttons as follows for instant variety:
1) Lower On/Off (this is a manual bass tone)
2) Arr Bass On/Off
3) Arr 1-5 parts On/Off

If a song needs an acapella vocal break that has to follow chord changes for harmony - I can hit # 2 & 3 and continue to finger the chords. This way, the harmonies change and all that's playing is Bass and Drums. Very useful

If I want a manual bass line, I switch the chord recognition to RH, and hit # 1 & 2, so I can play my own bass line and the harmony follows my right hand. This is my preferred method.

Hitting #3 "thins out" an arrangement, making it more intimate for smaller settings. Very appropriate for many settings that are low volume situations. Digital backing sounds are SO much more believable when pushing some air, but not so much in quiet times.

#429796 - 03/12/17 10:43 AM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave I like the way you think -- I already pick up this idea from you a while back. Yamaha has something like that but I prefer Korg's method.

I have 2 and 3 set up the same way. #1 is drum until I can think of a better one.

Thanks for the idea, John C.

#429797 - 03/12/17 11:10 AM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

John, another useful "shut off" is the percussion track. Sometimes, the factory adds too much "fluff" to otherwise basic beats, and most small bands don't have the luxury of a dedicated percussionist, so taking away those 2 hands can clean up a mix!

#429798 - 03/12/17 11:48 AM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have sliders assigned for volume on style parts and/or sections.
I use the three buttons like this:
1: Mic Delay on/off
2: default DNC control
3: Text File down

SO many options!

#429799 - 03/12/17 01:12 PM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Like Don, I use sliders for part volumes, 12 always available...and 12 mute buttons.
I also have 5 dedicated soft keys for arranger options.

I also have 7 assign buttons..

I also have assignable pedals..

Now that is what I call options.. smile

EA-7

#429840 - 03/13/17 07:59 AM Re: OVER THE RAINBOW ... [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Like Don, I use sliders for part volumes, 12 always available...and 12 mute buttons.
I also have 5 dedicated soft keys for arranger options.

I also have 7 assign buttons..

I also have assignable pedals..

Now that is what I call options.. smile

EA-7

Now, all you need is a job.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online