Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#428764 - 02/10/17 03:21 AM Muse receptor out of buiseness
Bachus Offline

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428791 - 02/11/17 03:37 AM Re: Muse receptor out of buiseness [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I still have my Receptor 2 that I bought 6 years ago and loaded it with a massive library of sounds. The trouble was that I had the pristine sounds, but didn't know how to apply articulations. I have kontakt4 with them, but too much frustration for me. Maybe I will try again, but it is so much easier with top arranger keyboards. It is too bad though, since I have a $700 East West library going to waste.

#428792 - 02/11/17 05:48 AM Re: Muse receptor out of buiseness [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I still have my Receptor 2 that I bought 6 years ago and loaded it with a massive library of sounds. The trouble was that I had the pristine sounds, but didn't know how to apply articulations. I have kontakt4 with them, but too much frustration for me. Maybe I will try again, but it is so much easier with top arranger keyboards. It is too bad though, since I have a $700 East West library going to waste.

Thats the power of a good arranger.... the ease of use, so you can concentrate on making music instead of programming things...

#428793 - 02/11/17 06:38 AM Re: Muse receptor out of buiseness [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
When you open Kontakt 4 and select a sound, you will see the on-screen keyboard has coloured keys towards the bottom of the keyboard, (Assuming the sound selected has multiple articulations) these are your articulation controls, (A standard used by software instruments (VST etc.) however because an arranger keyboard uses the lower part of the manual for accompaniment, you cannot normally access them, without first moving them further up the range and re-saving the sound, (One of the limitations of easy play arrangers) therefore arranger manufactures added physical buttons to do the same job, with the only downside being the number of buttons that arranger manufactures provide, is normally well short of the number of keys used in software instruments. (This is done as arrangers are designed for home players, and so easy play is of more importance then having a professional player’s arsenal at their disposal)

Hope this helps

Bill

#428796 - 02/11/17 08:00 AM Re: Muse receptor out of buiseness [Re: abacus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thank you Bill. You have always been there to help me in the past. After the busy season I am in, I hope to investigate software more.

#428799 - 02/11/17 08:46 AM Re: Muse receptor out of buiseness [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
When you open Kontakt 4 and select a sound, you will see the on-screen keyboard has coloured keys towards the bottom of the keyboard, (Assuming the sound selected has multiple articulations) these are your articulation controls, (A standard used by software instruments (VST etc.) however because an arranger keyboard uses the lower part of the manual for accompaniment, you cannot normally access them, without first moving them further up the range and re-saving the sound, (One of the limitations of easy play arrangers) therefore arranger manufactures added physical buttons to do the same job, with the only downside being the number of buttons that arranger manufactures provide, is normally well short of the number of keys used in software instruments. (This is done as arrangers are designed for home players, and so easy play is of more importance then having a professional player’s arsenal at their disposal)

Hope this helps

Bill

Thats why when using Kontak with an arranger , i used a drumpad controller for the articulations... still allways took quite some programming... as the articulation keys are on different nots for most sounds...

Kontakt obviously is build for daw use and recording a single sound at a time... which allows access to the articulations.. to bad its not so good for layering several sounds and using articulations..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online