SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#428734 - 02/09/17 10:12 AM Garageband on ios live loops feature..
Bachus Offline

This incredible feature turns your ipad into an EDM tool, for those that sometimes play on weddings and such where also a younger crowd lungs for some EDM, this is a mini version of ableton, which is what some of the best deejays use to create their EDM real time... and all it requires is an ipad

( More info here )

It keeps me wondering why the apple live loops feature on garageband ios hasnt made its way to logic X and/or garageband..

Adding this feature to OSX would add that single feature that keeps me going from ableton live to logic and back again... having some of those live loops would also be super welcome with mainstage...

Its been a year, so whats holding apple back? The touchscreen? They could allways add that as part of logic remote on the ipad..

If yamaha adds a big touchscreen to the Genos, this is something they could add.. as a sequencer option...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428741 - 02/09/17 11:38 AM Re: Garageband on ios live loops feature.. [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've been using this app on my iPad for just those occasions!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/novation-launchpad-make-remix/id584362474?mt=8

#428742 - 02/09/17 12:21 PM Re: Garageband on ios live loops feature.. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I've been using this app on my iPad for just those occasions!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/novation-launchpad-make-remix/id584362474?mt=8

Same idea Uncle dave.... same idea... they look very much alive...

The apple app is free... and comes with 1500 loops.

I will be checking the novation appp..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428758 - 02/09/17 08:55 PM Re: Garageband on ios live loops feature.. [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

I didn't know what I had in my iPad Air until I read your post! I am a total stranger to EDM, but it seems the so called music these days is nothing but EDM.

A few times I wondered Apple should incorporate IOS into their main OS. Then again, as you mentioned no touch screen Macbook. By the way, I noticed that the Alchemy synth deoesn't run in the iPad Air. It has to Air 2 or the Pro version. Maybe I will upgrade Pro 2nd version comes out.
Originally Posted By Bachus
This incredible feature turns your ipad into an EDM tool, for those that sometimes play on weddings and such where also a younger crowd lungs for some EDM, this is a mini version of ableton, which is what some of the best deejays use to create their EDM real time... and all it requires is an ipad

( More info here )

It keeps me wondering why the apple live loops feature on garageband ios hasnt made its way to logic X and/or garageband..

Adding this feature to OSX would add that single feature that keeps me going from ableton live to logic and back again... having some of those live loops would also be super welcome with mainstage...

Its been a year, so whats holding apple back? The touchscreen? They could allways add that as part of logic remote on the ipad..

If yamaha adds a big touchscreen to the Genos, this is something they could add.. as a sequencer option...
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#428803 - 02/11/17 12:38 PM Re: Garageband on ios live loops feature.. [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sometimes, at a wedding, it's a great time filler while you're assembling the ladies/gents for the garter/bouquet ... you can put on some EDM, let them move to the beat as you orchestrate the event. It can be a lifesaver, so you don't loose momentum looking for a chair, or waiting for someone to get out of the bathroom. It keeps the flow going, and allows you to MC over it - there are no words to distract the audience from the music.
You can also, just prerecord a solid dance beat and keep it handy for just these occasions.

#428806 - 02/11/17 01:26 PM Re: Garageband on ios live loops feature.. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Torch Offline

Thanks for the tips. I will have to try it next week. After playing some beats and sounds that are not too "wild" it is funny that it kind of grows on me...
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online