SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#42849 - 03/11/05 04:58 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
OK Gunnar,

After reading the Review of the G70 there's one subject that really could be a good feature, this being, "Adaptive chord voicing" Has anyone sat and played the G70 and noticed if this is as good as Roland would like us to believe.

Kind regards

Peter

#42850 - 03/11/05 05:21 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom,

Not yet. There is a store with the G 70 right by our East Coast Jam site. I will take a break and look at it then. Maybe some of our pros attending our Jam will take a look and give there opinion.

Some of the keyboard reps would like to attend our Jam, but we want the Jam for members playing and not sales pitches. They are welcome to rent a hotel room for there instrument and do their pitch there.

After listening to the G 70 styles, I aggree with Jonnie. They are not the greatest. Some sound like copies, many have little to no variation and the majority are for an era of music that I am not interested in. They are geared to a younger player and the pro playing to the younger audience. This is an elders opinion.
(luv the 30's/40's)

Fran in Florida

#42851 - 03/11/05 05:50 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i am one of the younger players and i still dont like the G70. But the adaptive chord voicing function is very subtle but very usefull especially if you use a fully orchestrated accompaniment. It rteally noticeable with the strings in the accomp[animent as when you change chord the strings make more natural changes with the chordn rather than the rigid and sometimes "jumpy " changes that you would normally get. But i doubt very much if your listening audience would appreciate the subtlety.

#42852 - 03/11/05 06:01 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
i am one of the younger players and i still dont like the G70. But the adaptive chord voicing function is very subtle but very usefull especially if you use a fully orchestrated accompaniment. It rteally noticeable with the strings in the accomp[animent as when you change chord the strings make more natural changes with the chordn rather than the rigid and sometimes "jumpy " changes that you would normally get. But i doubt very much if your listening audience would appreciate the subtlety.

Thanks for the info on this feature much appreciated.

Kind regards

Peter

#42853 - 03/11/05 08:12 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Peter;

Did you receive my email?

Thanks
Regards;
BN

#42854 - 03/11/05 08:48 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Dear Peter;

Did you receive my email?

Thanks
Regards;
BN

Sorry, I don't seem to have received anything

Can you try again with whatever it is you want. My email is:

peterloudon@wight365.net

Kind regards

Peter

#42855 - 03/11/05 09:30 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Peter;

I resent it 15 mins ago. Thanks

Regards;
BN

#42856 - 03/11/05 09:44 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Dear Peter;

I resent it 15 mins ago. Thanks

Regards;
BN

Just sent you the Review. Hope you enjoy, good luck

Just noticed in your email that you're also looking into the Tyros and PA1X. I saw the Korg PA1X (with speakers) advertised in the UK recently for £1,699 inc VAT. Think it was in London have to check if your intersted.

Kind regards

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 03-11-2005).]

#42857 - 03/12/05 12:25 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Tom,

Not yet. There is a store with the G 70 right by our East Coast Jam site. I will take a break and look at it then. Maybe some of our pros attending our Jam will take a look and give there opinion.

Some of the keyboard reps would like to attend our Jam, but we want the Jam for members playing and not sales pitches. They are welcome to rent a hotel room for there instrument and do their pitch there.

After listening to the G 70 styles, I aggree with Jonnie. They are not the greatest. Some sound like copies, many have little to no variation and the majority are for an era of music that I am not interested in. They are geared to a younger player and the pro playing to the younger audience. This is an elders opinion.
(luv the 30's/40's)

Fran in Florida

I agree with you on the styles Fran. Besides the factory effects settings, which can be adjusted, I think the styles are the only thing not great about this keyboard. I love everyting else on it. If only Roland could do an update including the factory styles.

------------------
Tom NL

#42858 - 03/12/05 04:04 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I have never had a problem with OT threads on any of the forums especially when it relates to comparing different brands and models. This is your forum to use as you want to. If I thought OT threads were getting out of hand and taking over a forum then I might suggest they move to more appropriate forum but one thread about Roland arrangers by an ex-Technics owner really isn't a problem for me. It is very valid discussion to hear how a different keyboard compares to the Technics that it was changed for and why the change was made.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online