SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#42829 - 03/08/05 08:14 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
I'm just hoping that Tony doesn't leave the forum and deprive us of valuable info in comparing the G70 against the Kn7000 just because of Johnnie C's comments.

Like you Gunnar i'd like to see the forum continue as it is. However, if the rules are that only Technics instruments can be discussed here then so be it.

So long as we're told by the person at the top. You can see how things take a downward spiral when someone takes authority into their own hands.

Kind regards

Peter

#42830 - 03/08/05 09:36 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Johnnie.c Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

Looking into the links in Johnnie.s's post, the Roland forum is not much used....
and strictly between us, I think the Genral Arranger forum has gone a bit too
Yamaha'ish.

Gunnar
I agree with you about the little use of the Roland forums and I also like to go off topic on occasions because it is good not to be too rigid in our views.
I choose to ignore the rantings of Peter Lowden because as is the norm he goes off on a tangent and misquotes whatever has been said just for effect, as can be seen if you go back through my posts.
Clearly I have not suggested that anyone goes anywhere.

#42831 - 03/08/05 09:53 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Well that's fine then, if Johnnie C now says he doesn't mind off topics, and hasn't told anyone to go anywhere. Lets get back on track!

Hoping Tony you will still continue to keep us all informed about the G70 and it's comparisson to the KN7000. If you decide though to take your experiences with the G70 to another forum can you let me know.

Kind regards

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 03-08-2005).]

#42832 - 03/08/05 12:54 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Hi Peter - there's always one or two who offer negative replies - they have their right to express their opinions i s'pose - if it's the majority then i'll start worrying !

I didn't get round to personally trying out the keyboards - i never do - i just use the available mp3 recordings /reviews and specifications etc to make my decision on what to go for . I have for instance the DVDs for the PA1XPRO and TYROS unfortunately there was not a DVD for the G70 so i used the internet first to get the specifications to compare like with like , i also read some user reviews with a pinch of salt and published reviews like keyboard player I find it usually takes me atleast a day to work out what a keyboard can do - not enough time in a store

the part exchange cost was (more than i can afford !)£1025 (including some good headphones)

OFF TOPIC ! this will provoke !!! DANGER ...

what does "a generous 62 Note polyphony" mean ? when reading the Korg pro spec on their site it says this - does it mean they think 62 notes is generous or that the 62 notes is better than you would expect - i read it the first way ...

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 03-08-2005).]

#42833 - 03/08/05 01:57 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Hi Tony,

Glad you took no notice of the comments by Johnnie C, the thread and conversation was going so well for all who were keen to read what you had to say about the G70, it was a shame the off topic protest by him became one of his typical pointless distractions yet again, I only hope those who expressed their interest in this thread at the start didn't lose heart and patience.

Just in case anyone is interested a friend has leant me a leading keyboard magazine with a 4 page review of the Roland G70 if anyone would like a scanned copy of the pages then email me and I'll send them to you.

I've seen the G70 advertised today for £2,199
at "World of Pianos" (London) it sounds as though you did well on the price Tony.

I've downloaded the manual for the G70 and i'm wading through it. One thing I forgot to ask you Tony, is, has the G70 got a good Music data base (music stylelist on the KN7000) and are the registrations given real song names or are they like Technics leaving you to guess the songs?

62 note polyphony doesn't seem so attractive as 128 polyphony does it, but I've had a Yamaha keyboard with lower polyphony and no note drop out than the newer higher model. I think the test for this is to sit in front of it, push it as far as you can and see if it will play all the notes whilst using Acc / Harmony etc.

Would you say Tony that the styles on the G70 are lively like the KN7000? I hate anything too bland.

All the best Tony

Peter

#42834 - 03/08/05 02:26 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
Johnnie.c Offline

It's OK but Peter is the type that always starts an argument with people, particularly by asking their advice and then telling them they are wrong,certainly does not read the posts correctly so it is surprising that he ever understands just what is going on.

#42835 - 03/08/05 02:38 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello GJ,

I totally agree. Especially BECAUSE Technics stopped development of new keyboard, this forum should be Technics forum. And why?

Well, There is so much to learn and so much you can do with a KN7000, and moreover the quality of the hardware is so good, that KN owners shoudl be able to share thier hobby. Let GX70 owner start a Roland Forum , if there isn't yet any.

Regards, fred@kn7000.net

#42836 - 03/08/05 03:34 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Hi again Peter

I'm getting scared now ! - there are 2 people objecting - i am now defecting to the Roland forum !!!

I personally like the styles - there are more than the KN7000 - 285 and you can use the cover to change the instruments - i've heard people say they're bland ? i would say there are some excellent ones in there - especially the acoustic (real guitar sounds with fret noises etc .) the jazz are good the contemporary /synthesizer good 50/60s - great for shadows , i'm pleased to disagree with -ve comments - but please DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT - YOUR EARS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT ! Re the Finder - music assistant - V GOOD - better than KN (IN MY OPINION) you can search for say Whiter Shade Of Pale and about 600 i think other standards it makes setting up a doddle i rekon about 1/3 of my repertoir is covered in the MA you can search by genre aswell

Peter - i'm in the Roland forum now

Best Regards
Tony

#42837 - 03/08/05 11:42 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Ok Tony i'll follow your postings about the G70 and it's comparrison to the KN7000 on the Roland forum, sad that your offerings to help others though has been received here so badly by the two members who've expressed their dislike of "slight off topic" debates.

This G70 thread had so much promise, I started to gain so much useful information including a link to download the manual i've not diverged at all from the thread titles subject unlike Johnnie C who's not posted in this thread anything constructive simply because he does not want to read or hear about the G70 on this forum "ON THIS OCCASION". There are many off topic conversations here from Music requests to copyright issues, including a very recent disscusion (less than a week ago) in the thread titled Böhm Silverbird where Johnnie C "WAIT FOR IT" airs his views and dislikes about the G70. What happened to the off topic protest here when you readily joined in the debate.

I do hope that everytime someone starts a thread it's not going to be examined under a microscope as to if it's off topic!

As has already been pointed out surely the forum administrator not Johnnie C or anyone else should decide what's allowed or not allowed on the forum with regard slight off topic subjects.

Kind regards

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 03-09-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 03-09-2005).]

#42838 - 03/09/05 03:29 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Maybe a idea to read the posts from the start again, better get it right
than make so much fuzz out of it?

The remarks in the start of every post is not nessesary Peter, but it looks
like you enjoy to heaten up more than calm things down?

And why not use names instead of the hints, speak to instead of about is a
much better way if there are some disagreements going on, or?

Oh well, why do I bother at all........

GJ

Btw, Tony. How do you like the "fill in" system on the G70 compared to the
KN's? I understand you can't choose between them freely, but a kind of up
and downwards progress just as when use MSA.
Is it possible to use them separately as you desire?
what to use whenever you want to use it?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online