SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#428226 - 01/27/17 04:38 PM Synthzone Jam
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
After talking with my loving wife, I decided to host another Synthzone Jam at the Diamond Ranch. We really enjoyed the last one, my wife said she had lots of fun meeting with everyone and there was no reason not to host another here at the ranch. smile

The tentative date is Saturday, July 15th from 12 noon till whenever you decide you've had enough.

As usual, I will provide the garden tractor and cart to haul any and all gear to the family room, which makes life a lot easier as those who attended the last jam will confirm.

The bar will be fully stocked with whatever you enjoy other than champagne. If ya want champagne, you better bring it with you.

The menu will include:

Johnsonville Brats with rolls
Johnsonville grillers with rolls
Filet mignon shishkabob with red peppers, yellow peppers, vidalia onions, and mushrooms basted with Yoshida gourmet sauce
steamed jumbo shrimp with hot sauce
grilled kielbasa with peppers and onions and gourmet sauce
All the fixins for the above, including chopped vidalia onions, sweet pickled relish, Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Mustard, fresh lettuce, sliced tomatoes, lite mayo, katsup, salt and pepper. There will also be a fresh vegetable mix with ranch dressing for dippin for those that wish to watch their diets.

For desert, it will likely be cheese cake.

Of course, there will be soda and lite beer available as well. If you just want ice water, it comes from a 550-foot deep well, it's ice cold and probably the best tasting water you will ever consume.

In order to make this work, I need firm commitments from those that will be attending via email to travlin-easy@verizon.net on or before July 1st.

For those that are coming from long distances, there is overnight lodging at reasonable prices within 25 minutes drive time from the ranch.

NOW! The only thing that could potentially put kink in the plans is my health, which I'm working very, very hard to improve. I'm beginning to turn the bend a bit, and with luck, by the time the Jam rolls around I'll be skinnier and better looking, something Carol would like me to be as well. wink Remember, I'm one of the old codgers in that video I posted.

I have a limited amount of gear here (remember, I retired). I have one Bose L1 Compact, one Barbetta Sona 32SC, two X stands, Yamaha PSR-S950, two handheld mics, one wireless mic system, and more cables than most music stores.

Bring your keyboard, amps, mixers (I no longer own a mixer), and your spouses. Hopefully, AJ will make it again as we really enjoyed his demonstrations of his latest works. Also hoping to coax Don Mason out of the swamps of Louisiana (it will be 20 degrees cooler here, Don).

OK guys and gals, the ball is now in your court. I'm headed for the exercycle and treadmill.

Almost forgot, Nigel, can you please make this a sticky so it stays on top of the first page.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#428228 - 01/28/17 02:28 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I will make it a sticky Gary for sure !!!!

#428230 - 01/28/17 05:04 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: Nigel]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
That date looks doable for us, Gary ...
party singer keys

#428232 - 01/28/17 06:41 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
As things stand now Gary looks good on this end too.

#428233 - 01/28/17 07:06 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Can't promise, but I'll try to arrange things. I have a job in Oklahoma the weekend before. Don't know if I can get off two weeks in a row, but who knows by then? smile

#428234 - 01/28/17 07:14 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Although I have a gig Sun afternoon July 16th I WILL be there for sure but might have to leave early July 15th
Nancy says if Don Mason comes she will too he better get his country BUTT there too lol... party

Ps as an alternate date which would be better for me and maybe others Im off July 22 & 23rd which would be better all around and possibly a two day event...including sailing?

Edited by Dnj (01/28/17 07:22 AM)

#428236 - 01/28/17 08:17 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

If i happen to win the lottery, i will surely fly over to the Jam..

Definately sounds like a lot of fun...

Sadly someone filled up that big blue swimingpool between the US and Europe with chrystal clear water..

Edited by Bachus (01/28/17 08:18 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428237 - 01/28/17 09:06 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Sadly my health won't let us travel anymore but if I could I would
surely love to make and meet you and other Synthzone friends.
Steve, my friend from R.I. has been to your festivities and has
told me about the nice time he had. Wish you the best of health
and know you will be ready for the party come July. God Bless,
Lloyd

Edited by Korgman5 (01/28/17 09:07 AM)

#428238 - 01/28/17 09:38 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Bachus, I'll have the boat in the water by April 15th, so the pond is not a big issue, except I'm not sure if I could make the passage both ways and be home in time for the festivities. At ideal speeds, with excellent weather conditions, it would still take me at least two months to make it to your part of the world, then another two months to get back home. Then I would need another couple months to get you home again and make it back here before Christmas. I knew I shoulda bought a plane. wink

Lloyd, sad to hear you won't be able to make it, but I'll be sure to take lots of videos and post them so you can at least be here in spirit and enjoy the festivities via YouTube.

Things are shaping up nicely and I sincerely believe we will have another great Synthzone Jam. I am also hoping to see Joe Ayala's wife in attendance. Homeretta is a wonderful, brave lady and was married to the best of the best. Sure do miss my good friend, Joe.

Maybe Bill from New Jersey and his lovely wife can slide up from South Carolina, where they now live. C'mon Bill, you can take a couple days off from the weekend gigs.

All the best,

Gary cool

#428297 - 01/30/17 09:05 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, I'll be overseas...have a GREAT time!

Russ

#428298 - 01/30/17 09:19 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Sorry you cannot attend, Captain - I was hoping you could make it,

Good luck,

Gary cool

#428304 - 01/30/17 10:17 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Gary love to come but kinda far to travel and I am contraced to play every weekend

but be there in Sprit

real glad you are feeling better

Ron

#428309 - 01/30/17 11:36 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Thanks Ron, I'll be sure to post lots of vids so those that cannot attend can at least see what happens at a Synthzone Jam.

All the best,

Gary

#428465 - 02/02/17 09:49 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Gary,

What's the address?

OK, I see the town

Edited by guitpic1 (02/02/17 09:51 AM)

#428473 - 02/02/17 01:36 PM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Check your forum PM mail.

Gary cool

#428505 - 02/03/17 03:30 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Gary, not sure if Mr Trump is taking visitors from Down Under, but I might have to get a passport out of here via South Pole to comply.
Would love to be there.

#428517 - 02/03/17 07:41 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

We cut a special deal for visitors from Oz. You are more than welcome.

Gary cool

#428549 - 02/04/17 02:48 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: The Saint]
Nigel Offline
Admin

You know that Synth Zone has a special love for Australians wink It has to it is run by an Australian lol.

#428557 - 02/04/17 07:45 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Nigel, way back when I was very young, just 21 years old, I worked for Bendix Field Engineering Corporation as a sub contractor for NASA. They sent me to Woomera, SA to help set up an SPF8 heavy ground radar system and communications network for Project Mercury, America's first satellite that was sent up in response to Sputnick. I met a beautiful young girl by the name of Margaret Enever, Fell in love immediately, took her out on a few dates, then met her father, a giant of a man with a bad temper. A few days later I went back to the states, and lost contact with that gal, but while I was there she showed me parts of country that were absolutely incredible. I always hoped to go back one day for a visit, but never made it.

All the best,

Gary

#428562 - 02/04/17 09:59 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I met a beautiful young girl by the name of Margaret Enever, Fell in love immediately, took her out on a few dates, then met her father, a giant of a man with a bad temper.Gary

Her Father and his shotgun are still waiting for your return too!! smile

Jerryghr

#428567 - 02/04/17 12:20 PM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

smile I doubt that he is still alive, Jerry - that took place in 1960. He was a huge man, probably about 6'-5" tall, and I know he tipped the scales at 250 easily. Margaret was about 21 years old, drop dead gorgeous, had a beautiful smile, and very pleasant to be with. I tried calling her when I got back to the states, and actually got to talk with her for a few minutes before her dad walked into the room, grabbed the telephone and slammed it down. Even though I communicated with her via teletype from NASA Greenbelt, we were restricted to official business only and could have lost my job for using the communications systems for other purposes. Ironically, Bendix Field Engineering lost the contract to Western Electric Defense Project in upstate NY a few months later. Western Electric offered me a job with them, but I turned it down because I didn't want to relocate. It was a fun time in my life that I will always remember.

Gary cool

#428575 - 02/04/17 05:07 PM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
The Saint Offline

Gary, keep your doors locked. They are still looking for the "bugger" who let off that bomb way back!!!!
Ray dance

Edited by The Saint (02/04/17 05:07 PM)

#428661 - 02/07/17 08:54 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Ray, don't have to lock the doors here, though I still do just to be on the safe side. smile Never had a problem here in nearly 50 years, so I guess they can't find me - I'm too far out in the sticks, which the folks that attended the last Synthzone Jam here can attest.

All the best,

Gary cool

#428662 - 02/07/17 09:19 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Driving to Gary's for the last jam I saw a sign that said "Welcome to Nowhere" ... Gary's house was tight in the middle of it ... laugh2

#428664 - 02/07/17 09:28 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Without a GPS....you will NEVER find Gary's. And expect to hear a few "Recalculating"s.
And if he comes out with his tractor and trailer to haul your gear to or from the house...do not sit in the trailer.
Eddie

#428667 - 02/07/17 09:52 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Driving to Gary's for the last jam I saw a sign that said "Welcome to Nowhere" ... Gary's house was tight in the middle of it ... laugh2

Was that before or after the yellow brick road?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428668 - 02/07/17 11:15 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Gary

#428721 - 02/09/17 12:29 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

And even though my job won't allow me to make it to the Synthzone Jam, anyone that has to fly through Los Angeles is welcome to come and stay with me in between flights on the beach in Ventura CA.

#428722 - 02/09/17 02:02 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
The Saint Offline

That sounds great Nigel. can i send you the airfare?
I'll make my own way to the airport.

Ray

#429080 - 02/20/17 09:21 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Unfortunately, my health has taken a turn for the worse, I again developed pneumonia, but this time was able to stay out of the hospital. I'm back on oxygen 24/7, taking lots of pills, and hoping for the best.

Additionally, my back and neck disk herniations have become significant worse, to the point where I find it difficult to walk because my legs have become partially paralyzed and lost much of the muscle tone.

Because of this, I will have to cancel the upcoming Synthzone Jam at the Diamond Ranch. I was hoping to be able to function like a good host should, but this getting old crap just isn't what is was all cracked up to be.

Sorry guys, I sincerely wish I had better news,

Gary cool

#429081 - 02/20/17 09:42 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Gary ... the most important thing is your health ... we thank you for your good intentions ...

#429082 - 02/20/17 10:00 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: tony mads usa]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Hang in there Gary.

#429085 - 02/20/17 11:50 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Unfortunately, my health has taken a turn for the worse, I again developed pneumonia, but this time was able to stay out of the hospital. I'm back on oxygen 24/7, taking lots of pills, and hoping for the best.

Additionally, my back and neck disk herniations have become significant worse, to the point where I find it difficult to walk because my legs have become partially paralyzed and lost much of the muscle tone.

Because of this, I will have to cancel the upcoming Synthzone Jam at the Diamond Ranch. I was hoping to be able to function like a good host should, but this getting old crap just isn't what is was all cracked up to be.

Sorry guys, I sincerely wish I had better news,

Gary cool

Gary sorry to hear this please get well ...your health comes before anything....prayers..

#429115 - 02/21/17 08:38 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, so sorry to hear about your continuing health problems. It's really hard when your mind is saying 'yes' but your body is saying 'no'. It takes a lot of courage to stay positive under those circumstances, but you seem to be providing a good example for all of us. Hope your situation improves...and soon.

chas

#429116 - 02/21/17 10:00 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Thanks Chas. I still hope to sail south to the Florida Keys next October and hoped to meet up with you on the way so we could enjoy that cold brewski together, but the way things are going right now, it doesn't appear to be in the cards.

Thanks again,

Gary cool

#429206 - 02/24/17 11:11 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary, Guess I've been sleeping under a rock I just discovered that you're not having the jam via Donny. I'm sorry to hear of your continuing health problems. I give you lots of credit for trying to plan the jam. As others have mentioined your health is first and I send prayers your way.

#429222 - 02/24/17 04:43 PM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Thanks Steve, and feel free to stop by anytime you're in the neighborhood and I'll be more than happy to burn you a chunk of filet mignon.

Gary cool

#429438 - 03/01/17 06:17 PM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I'm considering it old friend. It would be great to see everyone.

Tom

#429455 - 03/02/17 08:11 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

Tom, while I would love to see you again, unfortunately, I had to cancel the event because of health issues.

Gary cool

#429468 - 03/02/17 03:51 PM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
HI Gary,
Just saw this post. Like all the others have said, your health is the most important issue. We are wishing for the best for you.

Deane

#429471 - 03/02/17 05:11 PM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]

I started pulmonary rehab today, they really put me through my paces, but in the end, they said I did extremely well and they were surprised that I was 76 years old. The young lady there said I did a lot better than many of their patients that were in their early 60s. So far today, I have not had to use the supplemental oxygen, and I have been able to maintain a reasonable oxygen saturation level of 93 to 95-percent. The next step will be to get on the treadmill and see where the saturation goes after a few minutes.

All the best,

Gary cool

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online