SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#428567 - 02/04/17 12:20 PM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile I doubt that he is still alive, Jerry - that took place in 1960. He was a huge man, probably about 6'-5" tall, and I know he tipped the scales at 250 easily. Margaret was about 21 years old, drop dead gorgeous, had a beautiful smile, and very pleasant to be with. I tried calling her when I got back to the states, and actually got to talk with her for a few minutes before her dad walked into the room, grabbed the telephone and slammed it down. Even though I communicated with her via teletype from NASA Greenbelt, we were restricted to official business only and could have lost my job for using the communications systems for other purposes. Ironically, Bendix Field Engineering lost the contract to Western Electric Defense Project in upstate NY a few months later. Western Electric offered me a job with them, but I turned it down because I didn't want to relocate. It was a fun time in my life that I will always remember.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#428575 - 02/04/17 05:07 PM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Gary, keep your doors locked. They are still looking for the "bugger" who let off that bomb way back!!!!
Ray dance

Edited by The Saint (02/04/17 05:07 PM)

#428661 - 02/07/17 08:54 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Ray, don't have to lock the doors here, though I still do just to be on the safe side. smile Never had a problem here in nearly 50 years, so I guess they can't find me - I'm too far out in the sticks, which the folks that attended the last Synthzone Jam here can attest.

All the best,

Gary cool

#428662 - 02/07/17 09:19 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Driving to Gary's for the last jam I saw a sign that said "Welcome to Nowhere" ... Gary's house was tight in the middle of it ... laugh2

#428664 - 02/07/17 09:28 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Without a GPS....you will NEVER find Gary's. And expect to hear a few "Recalculating"s.
And if he comes out with his tractor and trailer to haul your gear to or from the house...do not sit in the trailer.
Eddie

#428667 - 02/07/17 09:52 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Driving to Gary's for the last jam I saw a sign that said "Welcome to Nowhere" ... Gary's house was tight in the middle of it ... laugh2

Was that before or after the yellow brick road?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#428668 - 02/07/17 11:15 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Gary

#428721 - 02/09/17 12:29 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
And even though my job won't allow me to make it to the Synthzone Jam, anyone that has to fly through Los Angeles is welcome to come and stay with me in between flights on the beach in Ventura CA.

#428722 - 02/09/17 02:02 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
That sounds great Nigel. can i send you the airfare?
I'll make my own way to the airport.

Ray

#429080 - 02/20/17 09:21 AM Re: Synthzone Jam [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Unfortunately, my health has taken a turn for the worse, I again developed pneumonia, but this time was able to stay out of the hospital. I'm back on oxygen 24/7, taking lots of pills, and hoping for the best.

Additionally, my back and neck disk herniations have become significant worse, to the point where I find it difficult to walk because my legs have become partially paralyzed and lost much of the muscle tone.

Because of this, I will have to cancel the upcoming Synthzone Jam at the Diamond Ranch. I was hoping to be able to function like a good host should, but this getting old crap just isn't what is was all cracked up to be.

Sorry guys, I sincerely wish I had better news,

Gary cool

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online