Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#42799 - 03/05/05 02:41 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
The converted G70 styles sounds nice on my KN5000 too.
GJ

You got the G-70 styles in Technics format? I would like to get those for my KN6000. Where can I find them?

------------------
Tom NL

#42800 - 03/05/05 03:14 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I thought most of the Technics KN users would
know where to look...
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#42801 - 03/05/05 03:37 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
Anonymous
Unregistered

Received my Feb issue of Techplus today. Greg Phillips reviewed the G-70. Looks like Roland has become more user friendly and has picked up a lot of the 7000 great features and added some more interesting features.

As soon as they are available in the U.S. I will take a look. In the mean time, I for one, welcome all comments from users across the ditch.

Sure wish there was a KN 8000 in the horizon.

Fran in Florida

#42802 - 03/05/05 03:42 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Hi All

Have just read this thread and some have asked for a review - here goes - i have now had the keyboard since Friday - and played it non stop . The keyboard sounds are imho very good - the guitars are more realistic than KN7K both acoustic and electric - the piano is the best i've ever heard on a keyboard . The memory i thought was a bit stingy at 50MB but it appears to be ample for what i need anyway - storing registrations . Roland offers 3 year guarantee which is good too . The keyboard action is semi weighted (76) . It ticks all my boxes . There is only 1 theatre organ preset on it - this is one thing that technics has more of . I like the way that things have been organised on this keyboard - i have used the Music assistant to find a performance setup for a few of my songs - this sets the style and voices tempo etc which can be changed and stored to registration memories - similar to KN7000 . The other way of setting up for a particular song is to suck it and see - try a style then press the one touch setup . When things such as instrument voicings tempos and part balances have been set the resulting sound is very good . There are lots of good pop (50s 60s 70s 80s 90s) and jazz aswell as old fashioned ballroom styles although i am having trouble finding show music - i think the KN7000 style categories were laid out better and perhaps were more diverse , but i might be wrong as there are tons of styles i have yet to try - i like the way the variations on the G70 build up from a basic pattern - seems more how music progresses . To sum up my first impressions : i am happy with the exchange - now can Roland please pay me for writing this review !!

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 03-05-2005).]

#42803 - 03/05/05 11:02 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Tony,

Many thanks for taking the time to give your initial thoughts etc on the G70

Shame about the lack of Theatre organ presets this could be a drawback for many people. Is the overall tone inc(drums/bass) of the G70 better than the KN7000? What do you think of the vocal sounds.

Thanks again Tony, much appreciated!

Peter

#42804 - 03/06/05 04:41 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tony,

Thanks for the review.

Fran in Florida

#42805 - 03/06/05 09:21 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Thanks Fran - Peter , - i prefer many of the sounds on the Roland - the Piano is considerably better - outstanding i would say through headphones , since i play quite a bit of piano this sells it to me . The vocal sounds - my first impressions -very good too - good large choir sounds aswell as 'do baps' for jazz - nb: there is a facility called 'cover' where you can change any style to a particular backing setting up eg: you can change any style to 'do bap' or oriental etc . Slight niggle - everything is crystal clear through headphones but requires a lot of volume ( abit too much for my living room ) to get the best sound from my speaker setup - logitechs ZR2200s at low volumes it sounds perhaps a bit muffled to my ears ie: the solo doesn't seem to stand out from the style .

#42806 - 03/06/05 10:03 AM Re: G70 Arrived But
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Thanks Tony for sharing your thoughts etc.

If ever you record any songs as an MP3 I'd love to hear them.

All the best

Peter

#42807 - 03/06/05 02:48 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
Kenneth Gundersen Offline

Loc: Lyngdal in Norway
Off topic, but I'm a bit curious, do the Tyros have a features to play "mp3's" (sound files) like KN7000 can? - On gigs this is soo great, and I can't imagine playing on gigs without this feature.

#42808 - 03/06/05 03:13 PM Re: G70 Arrived But
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi Folks.

As some of you might know, I am webmaster of my retailer's site: http://www.keyboard-centrum.nl

Although it is a dutch site, if you go to it, select "Assortiment" from the top menu, select th top button "Keyboards" on the left then scroll down a little and click on the Picture of the G70. Have fun.

Regards, Fred (http://fred.kn7000.net)

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online