SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#427886 - 11/22/16 08:42 PM Buyer beware about buying outside the US
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
I bought a Korg PA800 upgrade kit including a 256mg Ram module
on Mar 06, 2016 from a company in Turkey, name of vendor was neverendingstory77 which made a total of 14 sales and now is currently no longer a member of Ebay, anyhow to make a long story short, I got around to installing it on my M3 and the samples are distorting, no way of getting any money back and once again getting ripped off from someone who no longer is available, so buyer beware.

#427888 - 11/22/16 09:52 PM Re: Buyer beware about buying outside the US [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis
I bought a Korg PA800 upgrade kit including a 256mg Ram module
on Mar 06, 2016 from a company in Turkey, name of vendor was neverendingstory77 which made a total of 14 sales and now is currently no longer a member of Ebay, anyhow to make a long story short, I got around to installing it on my M3 and the samples are distorting, no way of getting any money back and once again getting ripped off from someone who no longer is available, so buyer beware.

The problem is not so much buying outside of the US as the fact that you buy from am unreliable company witouth doing any research to a companies background...

Advise to online buyers, only buy with people that can be trusted, and have a long cover sheet of recomendations and possitive reviews... probably should also say. only buy from western countries... they all have approproete customer protection laws...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#427891 - 11/23/16 08:48 AM Re: Buyer beware about buying outside the US [Re: vangelis]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
I guess you are somewhat correct but I also had another bad experience with Turkish companies and this company was part of Korg Turkey and it was the USB protected dongle that went bad and again, Korg Turkey would not send me another one, although I spent over 300 on it.So even if a company is part of a big company it's still a gamble.

#427899 - 11/23/16 09:29 PM Re: Buyer beware about buying outside the US [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis
I guess you are somewhat correct but I also had another bad experience with Turkish companies and this company was part of Korg Turkey and it was the USB protected dongle that went bad and again, Korg Turkey would not send me another one, although I spent over 300 on it.So even if a company is part of a big company it's still a gamble.

Thats what i said, Turkey in my eyes is definately not a western company... at least not in my eyes... There are almost no active laws in turkey protecting customers...

What worried me most about your statement is the fact that you consider ALL countries outside of the US unreliable.... and that definately is not true

Edited by Bachus (11/23/16 09:31 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#427921 - 01/19/17 01:40 PM Re: Buyer beware about buying outside the US [Re: vangelis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Other than the credit card companies, there are really no active laws protecting the consumers in the US. Those credit card regulations are a very powerful weapon in the arsenal of US consumers, and I have used it in the past with a great deal of success.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online