SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#427877 - 11/22/16 04:07 AM Paging Captain Russ, Paging Captain Russ...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Hey Russ,

A few years ago you and I chatted very briefly on - when the time came - How I would most effectively sell my father's 1955 Hammond B3 organ. It does not have a Leslie speaker, but rather, a similarly sized large wooden cabinet containing probably a 12" or a 15" woofer in it. I'm not sure if it has a horn in it or not...

This looks to be quite similar to the speaker dad has...

[img:center]http://www.ebay.com/itm/PR-40-Tone-Cabin...v-/272454337546[/img]

As of October 4th, the "time has come..."

The organ as far as I know is in fine condition both playing wise and cosmentically.

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions you could send my way...

Regards,

Bill

Edited by Bill in Dayton (11/22/16 04:09 AM)

#427881 - 11/22/16 08:09 AM Re: Paging Captain Russ, Paging Captain Russ... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Bill, sounds like you really have something!

I have an overseas client who has been talking about getting a "B" and taking it to Dubai. He has his own distance plane, which is big enough to carry horses.

Take some close up photos and send them to me. Something better than cell phone.

I'll check around on prices. The cabinet is GREAT...I played thru one of these and a 122 for several years on a house job.

If this thing works, you're talking about an easy $9,-12,000.00 if someone really wants one. I have turned down $7,500.00 for mine and it's pretty road worthy and no cabinet. I'd keep the 147RV if I ever sold it.

If I were going to list it on a music site, I'd look at Reverb.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online