SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#427428 - 11/01/16 11:38 AM KORG Trade ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My like-new (mint) PA4x61 with EC-5 pedal for your (also mint) PA900 + $1750.
I have to be honest - I truly love this thing, but I have to have the onboard speakers. There's no way around it. I set up too many places where I have no time, no space, or can't deal with the bulk. I want to set one up in my studio to record/program with (and have as a backup/dual setup option), and keep one in my road rig. I tried every scenario with many speaker combo's and I'm just an on-board speaker kind of guy. I suspected that all along, but needed to try the 4x for it's improvements. I'll miss some of that, but until there's a "non mute" version ... it's on the block. We can talk shipping/pickup if there's interest.
So ..... anyone?
smile

#427435 - 11/01/16 01:30 PM Re: KORG Trade ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

eek2 wow didn't see that coming.....
but I understand your needs.... good luck.

#427440 - 11/01/16 04:35 PM Re: KORG Trade ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Why not just get the PaAS sound bar here which just plugs directly into the PA3/4x?

Hope this helps

Bill

#427457 - 11/02/16 10:02 AM Re: KORG Trade ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Bill, I tried the PAAS when I first bought the 4x. Korg decided to make that sound bar proprietary to the KB sounds only, and will not process any external signals plugged into the aux inputs. I use that input for the audio out of my iPad, and it's a deal breaker, if I can't hear the full mix in my monitor. So, even though the audio signals coming in are mixed in the MAIN outs, they will not be heard through the speaker bar. Pity. I LOVE the sounds anf feel of this kb. I just need that ease of setup/small footprint too often.

#427458 - 11/02/16 10:06 AM Re: KORG Trade ... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
eek2 wow didn't see that coming.....

Yeah, me neither, but I have too many situations where I need to travel ultra light, and I just can't make it work. For example, this Friday night I'm at the Society Hill Sheraton in Center City Philly, and the load-in is horrendous. Parking is worse. With my 900, I'll be able to walk in with the KB and stand on a teeeny little, fold-up dolly and carry the Bose Compact with my free hand. One trip - no fuss, no muss. BIG sound, with "in my face" monitor.
If the 4x doesn't go, it'll be a great studio piece, and a fantastic organ for those very elusive, larger things where I might actually get to play one! Remember that thing I did with the Hammond in Morrisville, years ago? I think you came to that one.

#427512 - 11/04/16 09:41 PM Re: KORG Trade ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

OK, I did a little pricing research and found out that I'm a little off center.
New deal:
$1500 + (mint) PA900 for my (mint) PA4X with 5 button fs
Anyone?

#427818 - 11/19/16 08:16 AM Re: KORG Trade ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

BUMP - help!!!

#427834 - 11/20/16 03:27 AM Re: KORG Trade ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave don’t give up on me I am still trying to find a good reason to upgrade besides just getting a new keyboard.
I to like the onboard speakers.

John C.

#427837 - 11/20/16 07:24 AM Re: KORG Trade ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

John,
Don't get me wrong ... the 4X is superior in every way, and if I could afford to keep it in the studio, and take the 900 on stage, I'd be very happy, but this last phase of my working life is in transition, and winter is a tough time to rake in the bucks in the chilly North East. I'm not going broke yet, but I expect this "career shift" to take a few more months to stabilize before I am back in the black. I'm just trying to be proactive before I am forced to make decisions that I'll regret.
If you're not playing out much, the speakers may not be an issue for you, but I've developed a clientele that is used to me being the quickest in/out, and smallest footprint in the biz. I need to continue that rep.
So, yeah ... buy this! smile

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online