SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#427692 - 11/15/16 08:17 AM Open and honest communication by manufactorers...
Bachus Offline

Why do i feel that all these companies Yamaha, Korg, Kurzweil, Roland are still in the 20th century when it comes to open and honest communication about current and future products... ketron seems to not communicate at all, not with customers, not with dealers,

There are a few exceptions, mostly smaller companies, like lionstracs who despite their continous development problems kept communicating honestly... same goes for Varranger and Dan...

Whats keeping them from growing into modern communicating companies? Why do i keep having this feeling they have something to hide? Whats wrong with communicating openly with customers about their wishes and wants and needs?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#427693 - 11/15/16 08:32 AM Re: Open and honest communication by manufactorers... [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bachus, there have been several occasions when Yamaha has queried it's customers, including via this particular forum with it's Yamaha Asks threads. The last one of these I recall was put forth by Steve Demming of Yamaha, who also monitors this and other forums regularly.

Additionally, many of the features that arranger keyboard players asked for actually came to be in ensuing models. I really don't believe that any manufacturer is trying to hide something or deceive it's customers. In fact, I'm fairly confident that if they had anything new available, they would be sounding the drums.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#427701 - 11/15/16 11:47 AM Re: Open and honest communication by manufactorers... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Bachus, there have been several occasions when Yamaha has queried it's customers, including via this particular forum with it's Yamaha Asks threads. The last one of these I recall was put forth by Steve Demming of Yamaha, who also monitors this and other forums regularly.

Additionally, many of the features that arranger keyboard players asked for actually came to be in ensuing models. I really don't believe that any manufacturer is trying to hide something or deceive it's customers. In fact, I'm fairly confident that if they had anything new available, they would be sounding the drums.

All the best,

Gary cool

True...

But there is a huge difference between doing a query and being open in communication...

I might actually just be spoiled spending quite some time of my daytime job communicating with software engineers and companies, where we as the customer try to provide input on improving the product.... which in the end bennefits both the cutomer as the producers.... this all based on open and honest communication.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online