SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#427625 - 11/10/16 09:36 PM Video recorder recommendations
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
What is a good video recorder that will also take good audio that will not distort? anything good for the money?
I remember reading something a while back but I can't find it.

#427626 - 11/10/16 11:10 PM Re: Video recorder recommendations [Re: vangelis]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Kodak Zi8, if you can find one. Has line-in for perfect audio, or use the internal mic. Highly recommend.

#427628 - 11/11/16 02:08 AM Re: Video recorder recommendations [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

As Don says, anything that has line in audio will do.... recording music video's in general works best with a physical audio cable...

Only use the build microphone, if no other options are available...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#427630 - 11/11/16 10:10 AM Re: Video recorder recommendations [Re: vangelis]
Soft Arranger Offline

I'm definitely not an expert but why don't you record the audio in your DAW? Then it would you just be a matter of exporting it and replacing the video's audio when editing in your video editor.

I think that's how most people do it and it will probably yield the best results.

Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/softarranger or Facebook www.facebook.com/softarranger

#427631 - 11/11/16 10:57 AM Re: Video recorder recommendations [Re: vangelis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#427635 - 11/11/16 02:09 PM Re: Video recorder recommendations [Re: vangelis]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Any other video camera that is currently selling?

#427638 - 11/11/16 02:53 PM Re: Video recorder recommendations [Re: vangelis]
travlin'easy Offline

I purchased a Go Pro Hero several months ago and more than happy with the results. As for audio, mine only has an onboard mic, but at relatively close ranges, it does a great job. The lens is ultra-wide angle, which means that everything is always is in sharp, clear focus, and the camera can be fairly close to the keyboard and still capture you and the equipment on the video. You can purchase a special cable for the Hero3 camera that permits you to connect an external mic via a 1/8 jack. This camera does NOT have a view finder, and does not need one because of the special wide angle lens.

Go Pro Hero 3

Good luck,

Gary cool

#427640 - 11/11/16 03:38 PM Re: Video recorder recommendations [Re: vangelis]
travlin'easy Offline

It's damned near winter here, too cold and too dark outside to do anything, besides, I'm physically shot to Hell. Thought I would fire up the Go Pro Hero (low priced model) and record something with the keyboard and shotgun speakers, just so the OP would get an idea of what you can do with one of these. The camera is just 3 feet away from the keyboard, the only sound is from the keyboard speakers, and the light source is just an overhead shop light in the ceiling of my office. As you can see, with the camera just three feet away, the ultra-wide angle lens picks up nearly the entire office. I sat it on top of one of my printers and just pressed the start button and began playing.

Now, before anyone goes off on this old codger's playing ability or techniques, I will be the very first to admit I'm not a player, or even a musician. I would have sung the song, but I no longer have the lung capacity to do this one. And, I know I could have thrown in a few transition chords, but at this stage of life, I really don't feel like putting a lot of extra effort in a song that I no longer perform in front of an audience. So what you see is what you get! wink

The thing that impresses me about this tiny, $125 video camera is the overall quality. Keep in mind that You Tube really lowers the video quality quite a bit so it will stream faster. The actual video quality, which is what I get to see on my PC before uploading, is incredible.

All the best,

Gary

#427677 - 11/14/16 03:27 PM Re: Video recorder recommendations [Re: travlin'easy]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Zoom also has a relatively inexpensive new model out the Zoom Q2N
Sells for $159 new.
https://www.zoom-na.com/products/field-video-recording/video-recording/zoom-q2n-handy-video-recorder
Hope the link works.
Jim

#427678 - 11/14/16 04:53 PM Re: Video recorder recommendations [Re: OldNewb]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By: OldNewb
Zoom also has a relatively inexpensive new model out the Zoom Q2N
Sells for $159 new.
https://www.zoom-na.com/products/field-video-recording/video-recording/zoom-q2n-handy-video-recorder
Hope the link works.
Jim

Thanks for the info.

I've added the Zoom q2n to my Xmas wish list.

https://www.zoom-na.com/sites/default/files/products/downloads/pdfs/Q2n_English.pdf

Regards,

Jerryghr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online