SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#427431 - 11/01/16 12:24 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Shore Line recorded using SD1plus. Hope you can bare my vocals.

https://www.reverbnation.com/danoneil/song/24566902-shoreline-at-night

#427437 - 11/01/16 03:55 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: DanO1]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Way to go, Dave! You and Chas would sound GREAT together. I might sneak in there, too.

Because he exercises his right to voice his opinion, and, occasionally, his brain isn't in lock-step with his mouth (I can say that; he's my good friend...or used to be (HA), some people don't realize that Chas is one of the really accomplished musicians here. Musically, he is one of my very favorite folks here. Dave is, too.

Chas puts the same sincere effort into his music as he does his interest in significant social issues. And he plays with a feeling rarely heard today.

Dave is a major voice talent, and backs that up with some of the tastiest chord inversions and re-structures around.

This shows my one issue with the net. These two have never met
in person. I've met both of them and am a better person for the experience. It was easy to see a little confrontation between them recently. But, believe me, 15 minutes across the table from each other, and they would find very little they really disagreed about. Musically, they'd "KILL IT" on the bandstand, with little or no rehearsal required. Politically and social issues wise, they're both "old softee's" with their hearts on their sleeves.

Lot's of respect and genuine affection to you BOTH!

R.

#427462 - 11/02/16 10:23 AM Re: Some music, please! [Re: captain Russ]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: captain Russ

Chas puts the same sincere effort into his music as he does his interest in significant social issues. And he plays with a feeling rarely heard today.
Dave is a major voice talent, and backs that up with some of the tastiest chord inversions and re-structures around.
These two have never met in person.

Why, you great little peacemaker, you! I'd welcome a chance to sit across the table from ANYone on this zone - but the political topics would NEVR come up!
smile Music, music, music. (I'll put another nickel in!)

#427484 - 11/03/16 08:57 AM Re: Some music, please! [Re: Uncle Dave]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Naturally, that's your choice, Dave, but that way, you'd miss a rare opportunity to meet and share thoughts with a real renaissance man...a guy who lives his beliefs.

My visit with him and subsequent, heart-felt sharing of ideals, ideas and common interests has been life-affirming.

I don't quite understand, since our few hours together were similar. As I remembered, we talked lots about other things than music. Things like red-heads, red necks...all the really important stuff!

Be well,

Russ

#427486 - 11/03/16 10:54 AM Re: Some music, please! [Re: captain Russ]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: captain Russ
As I remembered, we talked lots about other things than music. Things like red-heads, red necks...all the really important stuff!
Russ

Ah yes ... redheads, and rednecks ... my next country tune!

#427487 - 11/03/16 12:32 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Driving home to RI from NY along Interstate 95 today, listening to my iPOD Jazz playlist - Paul Desmond, Oscar, Mulligan, and of course, chas ("More Today Than Yesterday) and Randy "Saxxman" Sherwood ("This Is No Ordinary Life") ... nice foliage, great music, ... all in all a really pleasant ride ...

#427492 - 11/03/16 02:02 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Driving home to RI from NY along Interstate 95 today, listening to my iPOD Jazz playlist - Paul Desmond, Oscar, Mulligan, and of course, chas ...

Ok, it's official Tony; you're in the will smile smile. If I remember correctly, I did that tune in about 45 minutes for Diki when I first got my old Nord C1. Sorta' borrowed (stole?) the idea from my old friend (really), the late great Charlie Earland. I used to play in his Aunt's club in suburban Philly back in the day. BTW, I used to have a favorite tune by Randy, as well; I think it may have been Autumn Leaves.

chas

#427536 - 11/06/16 09:10 AM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Here is a short video my wife took with her Iphone of a live gig. This is a place I play on a regular basis and is one of my favorite groups of people to play for. This is a link to my Youtube channel and the short video.

https://youtu.be/RZlYFP671O4

Deane

#427610 - 11/09/16 11:40 AM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
Soft Arranger Offline

Hey Chas and fellow musicians!

Long time lurker but first post. I've been working on creating a software midi arranger for some time now and the time to release it is getting closer so I thought this is a nice thread to show it off a little. blush

I hope you enjoy it.

Attachments
Hotline Bling on Soft Arranger.mp3 (40 downloads)

Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/softarranger or Facebook www.facebook.com/softarranger

#427614 - 11/09/16 12:17 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yes, this is a great forum to 'show off' arranger-oriented software. Tell us more about how it works. Also, the bass on your recording has some 'peaks' that crowds the input in spots. I would scale it back somewhat or use a limiter, or.... Thanks for contributing.

chas

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online