SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#427308 - 10/29/16 01:42 PM Some music, please!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I, for one, would like to hear some posted music from our members. More specifically, music that shows off some of the unique capabilities of your instrument. Preferably, no vocals (unless it's a performance that features a unique, non-standard arrangement designed or programmed specifically for that vocal performance). Oh, and don't use the excuse that you're only a home player; If you shelled out 4-5k for an instrument, that indicates to me that you're pretty serious about your music. I mean, if you spent weeks in the shop building a beautiful bird house for the garden, you obviously did it so others would admire it, right? The birds could care less about your perfectly mitered corners or exquisite paint job.

Doesn't have to be restricted to just arranger keyboards (I'm sure Bachus would love to show off some of his 'Kronos' sounds), but I'd like to see what can be done using arranger styles as the basic building block of the performance. Standards or familiar songs would be nice as well, although any genre' would be acceptable.

Although I have four (4) arrangers, I haven't updated anything since my BK7m (which I use solely as a drum machine), so I'm really curious to see what the newest generation of arrangers can do that can't be duplicated on the older generation arrangers (PA1/2x, Tyros 2/3, G70/80, etc.) with a capable performer at the controls.

So how about it, guys. How about posting something. Since we already know who can and can't sing (count me in the latter smile ), instrumentals would be preferable but all is acceptable. Who will step up?

chas

#427313 - 10/29/16 05:08 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I’ll bite on the request, but how does one post, or attach an mp3 file? What are the steps? Never submitted before.

#427314 - 10/29/16 06:26 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just open a boxnet.com account, where you can place the MP3 file, then provide a link for anyone to download the file. It's very easy to do.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#427315 - 10/29/16 06:31 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Box net simple

#427319 - 10/30/16 02:03 AM Re: Some music, please! [Re: J. Larry]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: J. Larry
I’ll bite on the request, but how does one post, or attach an mp3 file? What are the steps? Never submitted before.

You can add an attached file up to 8MB in size to your post in this forum. Just click on File Manager before you post your post and browse to the file on your computer, click Add File and just wait a couple of minutes for it to upload then submit your post and it will be permanently attached to your forum post.

#427327 - 10/30/16 06:34 AM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
Go to soundcloud.com type in my name. Dave Craycraft in the search bar. I posted 6 songs. These are originals with notes about them . I used my old psr 1000 , korg i5s , and Casio wk7600 recorded into a pc with xp and power tracks. I' did this because people wanted to hear me play. Tried to post here but had problems . Enjoy

#427331 - 10/30/16 07:49 AM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, I believe that most of the folks that have purchased the newer gear ARE singers, therefore I don't believe you are gonna get a lot of response on this. I could be wrong, though, as I frequently am told by my wife. Over the years, I rarely played instrumentals, however, I did post one on another site a few months ago. To me, it merely highlights the wonderful sounds and styles available in Yamaha arranger keyboards.

Here's my rendition of the Theme from The Magnificant Seven done on the PSR-S950.

As I've stated so many times in the past, I am NOT a musician, but instead a singer and entertainer. Please take this into account when commenting.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#427333 - 10/30/16 08:42 AM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, all submissions are welcome, naturally. I just thought that since, historically, most music posts have been vocals, that it might be refreshing to hear music that featured the arrangers rather than the vocals (it is, after all an Arranger forum). YOUR submission, for instance, does a nice job of giving us a comparative look at some of the lead voices in the S950 (which are very good, BTW). I wasn't looking for material to harshly critique, I just wanted to see (hear) some of the creative ways members have used their Arranger keyboards - that's why the emphasis on instrumentals. Of course, some of the best, most creative, most authentic sounding, 'Arranger' performances I've heard have been in support of vocal performances, so if that's the case, by all means, submit it. But mainly, this forum is about MUSIC, so it's always nice to see some posted from time to time. My post was just trying to provide a little stimulus.

Ok, I'm on my way over to Soundcloud to listen to some of Dave's material (not complaining, but a link would be nice). Thanks to those who contributed and those who are about to.

chas

#427343 - 10/30/16 01:12 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Here is a tune that was captured as midi on the G70 and redone in the EA7 using sampling and phrases, neither is available on the G70...and the EA7 does not have a sequencer or midi capture...but has a great wave recorder on board..
I mixed down as an mp3 for SZ..

Attachments
EA-7mp3.mp3 (110 downloads)

#427345 - 10/30/16 01:19 PM Re: Some music, please! [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Very nice Fran EA7 sounding terrific....thanx

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online