SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#42645 - 10/01/03 03:09 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
technicsplayer Offline

Larry, Taiyo say that 1.5 crashed the 7000 frequently if you have one or more EW boards installed.

quote:
Wer regelmäßig unsere Homepage besucht, hat sicherlich bereits gemerkt, dass wir die Version 1.5 nicht mehr zum Download angeboten hatten. Mit der Version 1.5 gab es häufig Abstürze beim KN7000, wenn ein oder mehrere EW-Erweiterungsboards eingabut waren.
unquote.

#42646 - 10/01/03 07:37 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Translation (Literal) but understandable
"Who visits regularly our homepage, surely already it noticed that we had not offered the version 1.5 to no more for the Download. With the version there were 1.5 frequently crashes with the KN7000, if one or more EW Expansion boards were fitted.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42647 - 10/01/03 08:10 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Great Grandfather Mike, glad you never invested in any EW Expansion boards, eh what? I got those boards and Ruthie would have had to wash my mouth out with soap.

Grandpa Doug

[This message has been edited by Douglas Dean (edited 10-01-2003).]

#42648 - 10/01/03 10:30 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike ORegan:
Just upgraded my 7000 to 1.6 - no problem, as usual. It's nice to keep up-to-date, especially when it doesn't cost anything!
One little tip for "upgraders": Give your diskettes a FULL FORMAT before loading the upgrade - even if they are new and supposedly pre-formatted. You should then have no problems with corrupt diskettes.
Mike O'R (great-grandfather)

OK tell us all!
What improvements has 1.6 made to your KN7000 other than fix the bugs in the unofficial 1.5 from Tayio that Panasonic are adamant that they will not support any resulting keyboard problems.

surely logic would tell you that if the KN7000 required an upgrade then they Panasonic would take the appropriate action

#42649 - 10/01/03 04:47 PM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Curious, I had v1.5 installed and Expansion Card EW04, but never had a crash, but now on to v1.6, so we will see. I do have an odd hangup of all voices after playing some downloaded sequences and have to restart to regain the voices. Maybe that is a crash?
Not sure if I have this with v1.6, will test later.
Keith

#42650 - 10/01/03 09:12 PM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
strange, I've got all 4 boards installed, and to date ( touch wood) , I haven't had my kn crash. I nstalled 1.5 when it first came out. Maybe I've just been lucky.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#42651 - 10/02/03 02:34 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
[QUOTE]....r than fix the bugs in the unofficial 1.5 from Tayio....
surely logic would tell you that if the KN7000 required an upgrade then they Panasonic would take the appropriate action
/QUOTE]
So for those who still think that Taiyo Germany has nothing to do with Panasonic(Technics)are wrong. The don't send out unofficial material. Than the guy Bebop got his 1.5. version in the U.S. is an unofficial dealer too??
rgds.
Willem

[This message has been edited by waterschip (edited 10-02-2003).]

#42652 - 10/02/03 07:15 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I got my 1.5 upgrade from Eddie Williams who is the United States official representative and employee of Panasonic Technics. He snail mailed them to me because of the possibility of corruption when downloaded.
NO PROBLEMS with the upgrade from the v 1.4 that the keyboard was shipped with.
thanks Eddie Williams.
Bebop

#42653 - 10/02/03 08:42 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
technicsplayer Offline

Taiyo have posted systems not signed off for general release in the past, and that is why any problems arising from installing one of their systems will not be supported in other regions.

#42654 - 10/02/03 11:28 AM Re: new 7k system at Taiyo
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by waterschip:
[QUOTE]....r than fix the bugs in the unofficial 1.5 from Tayio....
/QUOTE]
So for those who still think that Taiyo Germany has nothing to do with Panasonic(Technics)are wrong. The don't send out unofficial material. Than the guy Bebop got his 1.5. version in the U.S. is an unofficial dealer too??
rgds.
Willem
[This message has been edited by waterschip (edited 10-02-2003).]

Panasonic UK & Panasonic USA have both publicly stated that they will not support any KN7000 keyboards that have been upgraded from the Tayio site.
Now these statements bring to question the validity of the ugrade that was sent to bebop by an official of Panasonic USA who may have downloaded the upgrade from Tayio

To date there has not been an upgrade for the KN7000 available from Matsushita Panasonic the parent company Japan to any of it's divisions around the world of which Tayio is not one

Panasonic Europe (which also covers Germany) is owned & run by Panasonic http://www.panasonic-europe.com/
Panasonic UK is owned & run by Panasonic http://www.panasonic.co.uk/index.html
Panasonic USA is owned & run by Panasonic http://www.panasonic.com/flash.html
Tayio is owned & run by Tayio

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online