SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#426329 - 09/19/16 02:19 PM Tyros 5 Registrations..
Bachus Offline

One of the strongest most powerfull features in Yamaha keyboards is the registration memmory, in which you can set near to everything, from switching your whole keyboard setup, to changing a voice or selecting a different tempo...

I dont think there is anything as powerfull as this on the Korg keyboards, this is one of the things giving the Tyros an edge over the pa4x (offcourse the pa4x has other strong points, but this is one of those things where yamaha seems to have their nose in fromt..

Sad thing is, i havent found a way to call these registrations from the music finder, which together with the fact that there is no setlist, renders the music finder pretty useless..

But then, i create my setlists with registration banks, one bank for each song, and even registration sequencesthat allow me by the use of a single pedal to step trough the sepperate parts of a number... I think i would miss this feature dearly if ever moving from Yamaha to Korg..

With all the hosanna praising for the pa4x of lately, i think tyros 5 also deserves so,e attention...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#426330 - 09/19/16 03:11 PM Re: Tyros 5 Registrations.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I never used more the one reg per song on all my yammies...

#426332 - 09/19/16 03:44 PM Re: Tyros 5 Registrations.. [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, a lot of players use an entire bank per song. A few years ago, I posted full instructions on both techniques on the PSR-Tutorial site. Take a look at http://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/regist/10regGD.html

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#426334 - 09/19/16 04:26 PM Re: Tyros 5 Registrations.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I'm well aware of the multiple registration practices seems illogical to me and my style of playing, I ...
But to each their own...

Edited by Dnj (09/19/16 04:27 PM)

#426335 - 09/19/16 04:44 PM Re: Tyros 5 Registrations.. [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Sad thing is, i havent found a way to call these registrations from the music finder, which together with the fact that there is no setlist, renders the music finder pretty useless..

I never understood why Yammie could not write the firmware/software so that the player could call up registrations via the music finder. IMO, Yammie is missing the boat with this feature. There are plenty of workarounds and I know it's not a deal killer for the Yamaha player but it would be a nice addition.

#426338 - 09/19/16 05:38 PM Re: Tyros 5 Registrations.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

The Yamaha Mfd is ancient and needs a serious change in design.... Let's wait and see what turns up on Genos... Although for me the Korg Pa4x is hard to beat.

#426339 - 09/19/16 07:16 PM Re: Tyros 5 Registrations.. [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I don't see the need for the Music Finder.

All the registrations are displayed alphabetically. Just like MFD. You can even move them into folders by Genre (Latin, Fast Slow etc.)

You can scroll to the registration or just punch in the number and hit enter, and using Michael Bedesem's Open Text program the PDF files open automatically on my 20" screen.

Attachments
BILD0933.JPG

BILD0936.JPG

Edited by Jerryghr (09/19/16 07:52 PM)

#426340 - 09/19/16 07:36 PM Re: Tyros 5 Registrations.. [Re: Bachus]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I use a lot of voice registration changes with each song----sometimes 4 to 8 changes. The reason: When playing solo for up to 3 hours (instrumentally), piano alone gets a little stale for me. I’ll typically use piano on the first chorus, then on subsequent choruses of the tune, switch voices every 4 to 8 measures. That keeps the song interesting and customers seem to pay attention more, wondering what’s coming next.

#426343 - 09/19/16 08:17 PM Re: Tyros 5 Registrations.. [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
One of the strongest most powerfull features in Yamaha keyboards is the registration memmory, in which you can set near to everything, from switching your whole keyboard setup, to changing a voice or selecting a different tempo...

technics had something similar with their Panel Memories YEARS ago ...

#426344 - 09/19/16 09:41 PM Re: Tyros 5 Registrations.. [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

I never understood why Yammie could not write the firmware/software so that the player could call up registrations via the music finder. IMO, Yammie is missing the boat with this feature. There are plenty of workarounds and I know it's not a deal killer for the Yamaha player but it would be a nice addition.

Offcourse there are workarounds, but putting it where it belongs, would have been so nice...

Still not having added this feature to the Music finder shows definately Yamaha is not so good at listening to its consumers...

This is among the few features, that Yamaha definately should have added by now... i can not see anything against it (except changing the data format of registrations and maybe backward compatibillity items (but those could easilly be solved by supporting both data formats)) ... but it would have made this feature so much more powerfull

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online