SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 16 of 31 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 30 31 >
Topic Options
#359271 - 01/22/13 09:19 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: Robbo
I was transferring Henni's wonderful Style Packages using my mac pro. as in i see the directory user style files. and I drag and drop the new files into section folk. and now my Audya (original), is quite unruly the tabs don't do what they should i cant see any of the files, sometimes I can, but it's a lottery.

How do I format the drive and run the latest OS 5a on to the Audya, so I am back to scratch? Also is using the mac not a recommended thing to do, is there something re the not seeing hidden files and so on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robbo

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Formatting the drive is a last resort and before you do you must make sure you either have restore disks from your distributor or a full clean back up.

The Mac should be able to do everything a PC can with regards to moving files around, except the Mac leaves rubbish everywhere it goes! They are dirty devices.

The reason you can't see your MP3 files is likely because your mac has probably converted them for use in Itunes and they are pretty much unplayable on anything else.

If you are going to get PC - I would recommend a ThinkPad T or X series, they are rock solid and designed to work. I wouldn't trust my data on anything else. If your after a used one, a T61 is a super unit (and will runs Windows XP or 7 Easily - Vista is yukky, avoid it) you should pick one up for under £150, otherwise an X60 or X60s for the same price but much smaller and lighter (but no built in CD/DVD drive)

If I were you i would run the checksum tests before you do anything and clean out all the rubbish your mac has left all over the place!

#359272 - 01/22/13 09:21 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: orla
New function in STYLE MODE??? (OS 5.0)
First you press MODE - then press User 4/9 twice (CHORD 2/2)
there is a new possibility called "GUITAR MODE" (F2)
and you can select OFF - MODE1 - MODE2.
I don't understand what it is good for - anyone????

Orla
(DK)

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
I had to ask the factory about this myself.

Guitar Mode is a feature designed specifically for Midi guitarists. They can play a chord and then press the sustain pedal which 'holds the chord' whilst the guitarists plays other stuff on the fret board, when he releases the sustain pedal he can then play another chord - its kind of like a MIDI hold/off function.

Mode 1 and Mode 2 are like a polarity switch for the sustain pedal which reverses the operation.

Hope that makes sense?

#360384 - 02/04/13 11:03 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

If I saved one of my new 3rd party styles in another folder under user styles & I've saved this style to a registration, how do I find the directory where this style resides in?

I've tried the search function, it finds the style, but I can do nothing with it. I cannot play it, I cannot move it, I cannot copy it & it does not tell me where this file is located.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
Manual search through all the folders ... for now until search engine is updated (wip)...

#360385 - 02/04/13 11:05 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: filipelou
Is tehere any way to sync a sample within a style without being a user audio drum sample?Just like a pad when the user click a button or even a key tune but sync?

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
No Filipe... I think it is impossible on Audya....

#360387 - 02/04/13 11:06 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

For those interested, there are quite a few brand new drum & percussion loops available for the Audya over at the Create Songstyle forum.

Henni

#360620 - 02/06/13 09:38 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Ricardo.... Happy new year!!!

I thik first is important to understand, with who way the system of Audya manages the midi files to create a style...
In a midi file we can to write only midi notes, and of course all midi messages (CC"xxx, Programs Changes, etc)....
When we converted (with Style Compiler) the midi file to Audya style (PAT), there exist the midi messages (if we have write in midi file) and whith it the style can:

1) To Changes Chords of Live Guitar in Intro or Ending with midi Programs Changes.

2) To Start-Stop Live Guitar...

So.. we must do the Midi programming with messages (Programs Changes) via midi editor of Cubase...

The system does not care about the program (Live Guitar) that we will select to use, but the how to play properly the Live Guitar in a Intro or Ending ..

I think therefore its imposible to listen the Live Guitar from Cubase...

The COMPANY not has given us some way to do this .... I do not know something about this... if someone knows something please say..

For More info about midi programming Live Guitar, please see in the Style Compiler Manual page 4-5 and 14..

Sokratis is correct. Ketron provides (via style compiler) ways to use the AUDIO guitar with Intro and Ending (in particular those that have chord changes within them such as Intro/End 2 and 3), and as such, have the LIVE GUITARS change chords automatically within the Intro/Ending ... as if you were playing through them.

Don't forget as well that this can also be applied to the ARRANGER D (in RIFF MODE) (Check RIFF box in Style Compiler so AUDYA knows it has to change the chords automatically using provided Midibase table and not wait for User input as it does in Arranger A-C).

Thanks,

AJ

#360621 - 02/06/13 09:41 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

If I saved one of my new 3rd party styles in another folder under user styles & I've saved this style to a registration, how do I find the directory where this style resides in?

I've tried the search function, it finds the style, but I can do nothing with it. I cannot play it, I cannot move it, I cannot copy it & it does not tell me where this file is located.

Henni

Manual search through all the folders ... for now until search engine is updated (wip)...

#362304 - 02/27/13 09:08 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
anyone know if we could have more than 20 User Drum Sets?
(I'm not talking about Audio Drum Loops .wav)

problem is that all 20 USER Drum Set locations (pages 1&2) are already taken from factory
and none of these 20 are the ones in INTERNAL (as are the user styles)

and if i'm to create my OWN, or a few of my own, i have to replace/delete what's there, and i may not want to...

anyone? workaround? can we get EMPTY User locations? more than 20? get back those we've replaced in the future?

can we add our OWN in the INTERNAL Empty locations?

AJ? TWD, anyone?

update:

AJ has confirmed that you cannot copy the 20 User Drum Sets to Internal.

You can only replace the ones that are there

bummer...

#362305 - 02/27/13 09:16 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi my friends!!!
I created a style for a song that I love very much..
The song is the "I just call to say I love you" of Stevie Wonder..
The Drums I created in Cubase 6 with Vintage Drums kit "Vintage digital Drum Machine" of Kontakt 4.
The Piano iw from "Ivory Synthogy/Steiway-D" VST Plugin..

Here is my Demo https://soundcloud.com/sokratis-1974/i-just-call-to-say-i-love-you

Here is the Style and Audio Drums for Download
http://www.divshare.com/download/23735075-6f4

Enjoy with Style smile
Thanks

Ok.....
Please try here http://www.divshare.com/download/23756805-0c7
It is unprotect my style!!!

Copy the User Audio drums here http://www.divshare.com/download/23735075-6f4 to User Audio Drums folder on Audya, and copy my new style that I have in this post!!!

#362870 - 03/10/13 09:40 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

anyone know where i can find?
i need Bank #'s AND program change for ALL sounds

something so basic is left out of the manual

they do list 4 Banks for Preset, and 4 for Program
they leave it up to you to painstakingly guess what Bank & Program Change goes with which #...

anyone?

Hi Lee... Try this.

friends, here is MY Technical Table for the Audya's Presets
i took almost 2 hrs. to produce this document (yes i'm crazy like that)
so i thought why not share it with all of you...

this is what should be in the Audya Manual, but isn't wink

it's a .zip file as forum doesn't allow excel docs.

Page 16 of 31 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 30 31 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online