SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#426269 - 09/17/16 06:19 PM Re: Carvin TRC collum array [Re: Mr. G]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ, my first guitar amp was a Carvin that I picked up in a pawn shop for $50 in 1960. Great little amp that did a good job for me for nearly a decade.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#426270 - 09/17/16 07:15 PM Re: Carvin TRC collum array [Re: Bill Lewis]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Wish they would make a smaller version with a 10" sub. Two of those would fit a lot of situations and I bet they would be priced right. I think Carvin is a great company and overlooked.

JBL Eon One

smile

#426283 - 09/18/16 06:44 AM Re: Carvin TRC collum array [Re: guitpic1]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: guitpic1
[quote=Bill Lewis]Wish they would make a smaller version with a 10" sub. Two of those would fit a lot of situations and I bet they would be priced right. I think Carvin is a great company and overlooked.

JBL Eon One

What I meant was I think Carvin could make a comparable model at a lower price and maybe without a mixer like Donny suggested.
Another L1 sighting last night and to better effect. Band in a park with a keyboard player doing left hand bass. We were about 50 yards away and the sound was clear with good bass. When they finished I went to the pavilion to tip them and talked to the keyboard player. He and the lead singer were going thru the Bose and the guitar player had his own amp. Gary is right, they knew how to EQ it.

#426314 - 09/18/16 09:10 PM Re: Carvin TRC collum array [Re: Mr. G]
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
Thanks for all the replies and research. My brother just got the Eon 1 and it sounds very good with lots of well defined low end.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#426452 - 09/26/16 07:40 AM Re: Carvin TRC collum array [Re: Mr. G]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: Mr. G
Thanks for all the replies and research. My brother just got the Eon 1 and it sounds very good with lots of well defined low end.

This is driving me crazy. I'd love to hear and Eon One in person. Two diiferent sources have told me its not really for keyboards or DJ's. Theres a mid frequency scoop in the middle done on purpose for the acoustic guitar singers which is what it was designed for. I'm still interested in the convienence of the all in one package and the prices are starting to come down a bit so having two for stereo is reachable.
What does your brother play thru it and where does he play ?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online