SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42619 - 07/26/03 09:17 PM Panel Memory Location
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Just curious as to what side of the keyboard the Panel Memory buttons are located on the KN's?

Also, do you have to cycle A, B, and C... Or can you go from A to C to B and back to C???

On the PR's or at least the one's I played, the Panel Memory buttons are on the right side which is awkward since I'm playing the melody on that side. Also have to cycle A, B, C... So if at memory C and need to go to B, I have to cycle to A first, then B.

How is the KN setup in this area?

Anthony

#42620 - 07/26/03 11:56 PM Re: Panel Memory Location
bassclef Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi Anthony,
The KN7 also has the panel memory buttons on the right hand side; same as your PR.

Did you know that you can assign panel memory control functions (increment/decrement PM numbers and banks) to the pedals on your piano? Look on page 121 in your manual.

I find this feature extremely useful as it enables me to change PM locations without taking hands off the keyboard. It also eliminates the sometimes inconvenient left hand reach to the PM controls located on the right hand side of the instrument.

Regards,
George

#42621 - 07/27/03 11:02 AM Re: Panel Memory Location
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi George:

Yes, I know about the PR's pedal can be used to move around the panel memory locations. I use it for more critical timing. I should use it more often.

Thanks, for the info on where the KN Panel memory buttons are located.

I kinda find it awkward when cycling through the panel memory button locations A, B and C using one button. Wish there was a A button for panel A, B button for Panel B, etc... Also the active panel button be lighted. So if Panel B 3 is being used, one can see the B button lit, as well as the panel number. Wish list I guess.

Anthony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online