SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#425434 - 08/29/16 11:14 PM Joe Robinson, a young upcoming guitarist
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Gives you faith in young musicians. Joe and his trio really lay it down.

#425462 - 08/30/16 12:03 PM Re: Joe Robinson, a young upcoming guitarist [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
SEE! This is why I don't worry when people say music and good players "ain't happening"! Surprising choice of a Gretsch. Don't like the Electromatic pick-up as well as others, but I have an Electromatic with a floater....$750.00 MAP(curent model) that is my "go to" jazz guitar for outside..anything that might cause damage to a more expensive axe.

My friend Cal Collins (historic player from Florence, Ky....died a few years back...hosted a big regional outdoor jazz festival and played in many of the big bands...big draw in the Orient at the end of his career) often played a Gretsch.

Great player and good news for the future of really tight, pleasant freestyle jazz.

Thanks,

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (08/30/16 12:18 PM)

#425469 - 08/30/16 02:34 PM Re: Joe Robinson, a young upcoming guitarist [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I LOVE seeing and hearing these guys that can actually play and don't have to bill themselves as 'entertainers' to justify their lack of playing ability. Noting like good live music to make you realize the shortcomings of 'computerized' music. JMO, of course.

chas

#425487 - 08/31/16 12:04 AM Re: Joe Robinson, a young upcoming guitarist [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I totally agree with you chas. The feel of real musicians just can't be beat. Joe is such an energetic guitar player and combined with such a dynamite rhythm section there is no comparison. This is how real music should make you feel.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online