Joe Robinson, a young upcoming guitarist

Posted by: Nigel

Joe Robinson, a young upcoming guitarist - 08/29/16 11:14 PM

Gives you faith in young musicians. Joe and his trio really lay it down.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Joe Robinson, a young upcoming guitarist - 08/30/16 12:03 PM

SEE! This is why I don't worry when people say music and good players "ain't happening"! Surprising choice of a Gretsch. Don't like the Electromatic pick-up as well as others, but I have an Electromatic with a floater....$750.00 MAP(curent model) that is my "go to" jazz guitar for outside..anything that might cause damage to a more expensive axe.

My friend Cal Collins (historic player from Florence, Ky....died a few years back...hosted a big regional outdoor jazz festival and played in many of the big bands...big draw in the Orient at the end of his career) often played a Gretsch.

Great player and good news for the future of really tight, pleasant freestyle jazz.

Thanks,

Russ

Posted by: cgiles

Re: Joe Robinson, a young upcoming guitarist - 08/30/16 02:34 PM

I LOVE seeing and hearing these guys that can actually play and don't have to bill themselves as 'entertainers' to justify their lack of playing ability. Noting like good live music to make you realize the shortcomings of 'computerized' music. JMO, of course.

chas
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Joe Robinson, a young upcoming guitarist - 08/31/16 12:04 AM

I totally agree with you chas. The feel of real musicians just can't be beat. Joe is such an energetic guitar player and combined with such a dynamite rhythm section there is no comparison. This is how real music should make you feel.