SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#425422 - 08/29/16 02:31 PM OT: OUCH!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thinking I was a smart a**, I listened to my kids ans sold one of my big motorcycles. I replaced it with two larger (read 85 mph cruising speed)motor scooters (they're NOT motorcycles, I said with a laugh).

Last Friday morning, about 1:20 AM, I was returning from a 30 hour session in Louisville. After a comfortable hour on the road, I pulled into a truck stop to get a cup of coffee. As I leaned to the left to put the stand down, I realized that my foot, which is not used to shift gears on a scooter, had fallen asleep. It collapsed, and the 500 lb bike fell on my foot. No breaks, but I have a boot and the foot and ankle are about twice the size they should be.

OUCH!

Have ordered a new Miata and love my old Toyota truck, which have standard transmissions with clutches.

Guess I need to keep an automatic around for things like this.
And, I'm serious about getting another road bike (actually, still have an old three wheel Harley, several old Cushman's and a kit bike.

I guess OLD men love toys, TOO!

R.

#425433 - 08/29/16 11:12 PM Re: OT: OUCH! [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
So glad to hear the foot injury wasn't as bad as it could have been despite the swelling.

#425438 - 08/30/16 04:57 AM Re: OT: OUCH! [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yikes! Russ, maybe Mother Nature (or Father Time) is trying to tell us something smile. As you know, I sold my all my bikes, including the last one I rode on a regular basis, the Burgman 650. All I have left is the Kymco 500 which didn't sell immediately and has been languishing in my garage for the last several years. I figured that although I wasn't too old to ride, I WAS too old to fall. It's still available at a less-than bargain basement price if you want it. Only has @4k mi. and has a top-of-the-line Givi 'trunk'. Just sayin' smile smile.

BTW, that amount of swelling seems excessive. I'd check it for the possibility of a small hairline fracture. Try to stay off it as much as possible 'till the swelling goes down.

chas
'

#425452 - 08/30/16 09:20 AM Re: OT: OUCH! [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

X-rays are clean and the swelling comes down when I wear the boot. How much for the KYMCO? What is the year? I remember seeing a photo.

The Sym Citicom is cool, and will cruise at 75. The Piaggio is cool and will cruise at 85.

It's the gears, clutch and control I miss.

Stay Tuned.

Russ

#425862 - 09/08/16 09:30 AM Re: OT: OUCH! [Re: captain Russ]
captain Russ Offline

Chas...picking up a little KYMCO K-pipe on Tuesday. Neat little toy to run around downtown. 125 CC with 4 speed. First ones were recalled...gears put in backwards. Comfortably cruises at about 50.

Interested in your KYMCO. Did the injector cleaner and new gas smooth it out?

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online