SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#425271 - 08/26/16 07:52 AM Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why?
Dnj Offline

Looking at this program & was wondering best controller to use with vArranger2 & your PC & why?

Edited by Dnj (08/26/16 08:03 AM)

#425275 - 08/26/16 09:08 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Looking at this program & was wondering best controller to use with vArranger2 & your PC & why?

I think i saw the best results from moesioers using a Motif XF as controller and soundsource...

I think Dan himself was using a Novation SL mk2 himself for quite some time...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#425276 - 08/26/16 09:19 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Not bought the software yet, but I do hope the 2nd hand Akai MPK Pro 61 I spent some money on some weeks ago will do
fine if I deside to try out vArranger2. In fact, to try vArranger is the only reason I bought it ....
Anyway, there is no demoversions, and it looks like every time it's a softwareupdate, you have to ask for it at the forum.
But as far as I can see at his forum, Dan give great support. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#425277 - 08/26/16 09:21 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Right now Im considering the Novation Impulse 49 or MK II 49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0f4KlxzI8g

Edited by Dnj (08/26/16 09:31 AM)

#425282 - 08/26/16 11:44 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Best ask Dann what comtrollers are supported with feedback, so the light in a button lights up when a function is activated..

He allways answers all questions asked there on a daily base...

#425284 - 08/26/16 11:56 AM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Best ask Dann what comtrollers are supported with feedback, so the light in a button lights up when a function is activated..

He allways answers all questions asked there on a daily base...

Thanx Bachus shot an email this morning to Dan awaiting a replay as we speak..anyone else here on SZ using Varranger2? Also I would assume you can use a DAW sound source with arranger styles.sty etc,.. vs a stand alone unit like SD2...?

Edited by Dnj (08/26/16 11:57 AM)

#425302 - 08/26/16 10:08 PM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
Torch Offline

How about this one?
http://www.m-audio.com/products/view/ctrl49

It comes with a bundle of nice apps and sounds.

Edited by Torch (08/26/16 10:14 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#425304 - 08/26/16 10:57 PM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
I haven't got mine up and running again as yet ( too busy with my other toy at the moment)
But I did ask Dan about sound choice

SD2 / SD1000 any GM synth your VST, your Soundfonts

or our SoundBanks and more to come....

Apparently there are 4 sound banks they 've created, korg, Roland , Ketron Yamaha , they are an extra though, not part of varranger package.

Personally if I was starting over, I wouldn't dash out and buy the sd2, it was the only option 5 years ago , from memory.

I would imagine if I got serious about it again, I'd probably go for his sound banks

Have a chat to him, he's very helpful.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#425305 - 08/26/16 11:19 PM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: Dnj]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
I really want to go to software arranger route, however I'm a singer/player and needs vocal processor/harmonizer feature. I don't want to hook up another device. I'm a minimalist and wants to carry only a laptop, controller kb, mic and PA. Any suggestions?
Thanks

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#425306 - 08/26/16 11:33 PM Re: Best controller to use with vArranger2 & why? [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Donny,
I haven't got mine up and running again as yet ( too busy with my other toy at the moment)
But I did ask Dan about sound choice

SD2 / SD1000 any GM synth your VST, your Soundfonts

or our SoundBanks and more to come....

Apparently there are 4 sound banks they 've created, korg, Roland , Ketron Yamaha , they are an extra though, not part of varranger package.

Personally if I was starting over, I wouldn't dash out and buy the sd2, it was the only option 5 years ago , from memory.

I would imagine if I got serious about it again, I'd probably go for his sound banks

Have a chat to him, he's very helpful.

As a soundbank, best results reported indeed come from Ketron SD1000...(toigh sd2 is also still very good) the SD1000 has pretty much the same sounds as the SD7... Where the SD2 goes back to pre audya soundsources of the SD5 and SD1..

There are also a lot of people reporting good results using the Motif XF and MOXF as the soundsource... Espescially the demo's of moesieurs show this.

Apparently the high quallity of the new sound sources ( which are €100 each) is xlose or sometimes even better then the sound of the TOTL arrangers of that brand.. But so far its hard to find any demo videos of this... These soundsources run in the build in synth from Varranger on your PC, not requiring a hardware soundsource anymore..

The good thing is Dann keeps taking this to higher and higher levels every few months...with new features and better integration...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online