SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#42477 - 05/19/02 06:30 PM 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL,
The all new volume 3 of the 20 for 1 song project is now on line for you to download. I have sent an email with the download address to all of you that are in my subscriber list. You may now download the file at your convenience. It is my hope that you will enjoy the 20 songs and give the particpating members a big vote of thanks on the forum or to the email address provided for each person that has a song in the zip.
Please read the info text file before installing or playing any of the songs.
Should there be anyone else desiring any of these 3 volumes they each have a separate URL so send me an email with your request to
bforrest@ix.netcom.com
Best to all
Bebop

#42478 - 05/21/02 01:11 PM Re: 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
The trouble with this idea of Bebop's is that it's keeping me away from the keyboard - altho my wife is all in favour of that.....
Again a very high standard by all players with some that are exceptionally good.

Tell you what though - I do like to hear the odd bum note or stumble on chord changes although there are very few of both, but when I do hear something it makes me feel a bit less inadequate and know that I am not alone!!

Love to all and thank you all,

Peter

[This message has been edited by ogre (edited 05-21-2002).]

#42479 - 05/21/02 01:40 PM Re: 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
Anonymous
Unregistered

BeBop,

Another wonderful disk full of great talent.

Thanks to all the performers and you for making the 20/1 possible.

I told you I never recorded my playing. I made my first recording for the OBI (Organ Buddies International)yesterday after being a member for several years. I will send you something soon.

Maybe I can get the ball rolling for the rest of the folks that were hesitant like I was.

Fran in Florida

#42480 - 05/21/02 01:48 PM Re: 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Peter, if you heard my stuff before editing with the sequencer, you'd hear a lot of both! I try to screen out the mistakes before they get to you, but some still creep through. The note editor in the sequencer is pure magic once you get to know how to use it, and it saves me from doing take after take to get the odd clunk out of the song that wasn't supposed to be there, or add the note that was somehow missed. The composer section gets you ready for the party (song) and the sequencer sweeps up after the party. Get to know these functions like your own children and you'll add joy to your life!

I have to agree with you on the time factor. I only finished with disk 1 and now I have two more waiting for me to explore. I gained one style I didn't have, so everything is a big plus for me. All we need is a 48 hour day!

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 05-22-2002).]

#42481 - 05/21/02 04:51 PM Re: 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ogre:
[B]The trouble with this idea of Bebop's is that it's keeping me away from the keyboard - Peter

Hey Peter,
Don't feel like you are the only one. The only songs I have had time to play since I took this job of moderator and started the 20 for 1 is the songs everyone sends me.
The really sad part is that MY WIFE likes everyone elses songs better then mine. Every time I play one of your songs she comes running into the Studio and looks at the keyboard to see who is playing. Another funny thing is my dog Rocky Doesn't cover his ears with his paws when your songs are playing. HMMMMMMMMMMMM. I just can't win. Darn
Bebop

#42482 - 05/21/02 05:12 PM Re: 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
[B]Peter, if you heard my stuff before editing with the sequencer, you'd hear a lot of both! I try to screen out the mistakes before they get to you, but some still creep through. The note editor in the sequencer is pure magic once you get to know how to use it,
----------
OHHHH, now I know why everyone sounds so much better than me. The sequencer...I've never used that. Actually I very seldom record a song of mine anyway. I sent a song to Bebop that I musta have played 55 times to get it 'mostly' right. So you might need cotton in your ears so you miss any blips still in my song.

Guess I need to get Alec's book out and look up sequencer.

Marilyn

[This message has been edited by Marilyn Boissoneault (edited 05-21-2002).]

#42483 - 05/21/02 05:33 PM Re: 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
BEBOP Offline

Originally posted by Marilyn Boissoneault:
[B][QUOTE] I sent a song to Bebop that I musta have played 55 times to get it 'mostly' right. So you might need cotton in your ears so you miss any blips still in my song.

Guess I need to get Alec's book out and look up sequencer.

Marilyn

Marilyn, I don't recall hearing even one error in your song. I thought you did a great job on it and I am pleased to include it in volume 4 that now has 15 songs on it and is waiting for only 5 more. We have PR songs on this disk too
Bebop

#42484 - 05/21/02 06:10 PM Re: 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Help! I thought I had downloaded your latest production but the keyboard tells me the disk is empty although everything is showing on the PC. After the third effort, I gave up - any idea as to what I am doing wrong please?

Also what is a URL?

Aud

PS - how do you get those lovely icons above on your emails?

#42485 - 05/21/02 09:20 PM Re: 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Help! I thought I had downloaded your latest production but the keyboard tells me the disk is empty although everything is showing on the PC. After the third effort, I gave up - any idea as to what I am doing wrong please?
Also what is a URL?
Aud

PS - how do you get those lovely icons above on your emails?

Hi Aud,
The disc is not empty, in fact it has 20 songs on it. If you are unable to play them you probably have an older keyboard or a digital piano. If you read the info text in the zip file you see the keyboards the songs were recorded on. The current disk I am working on has some PR900 files on it. IF you have a KN6000 or 6500 that perhaps you didn't unzip it to a empty, formatted floppy.
I don't know what instrument you have as you did not note it on the interests line in your registration information, the PROFILE, so I can't help you any further without knowing the instrument you play.
The URL is the website address you clicked on to get the zip file.
The message icons are right above this window you type your message in. You just click the one you want or look to the left of this window and it says Smilies Legend. Go there and it tells you what to type in this window to get which ICON as in
Bebop

#42486 - 05/22/02 10:52 AM Re: 20 for 1 VOLUME 3 SONG ZIP IS ON LINE NOW
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Aud,
I had that same problem when I down loaded Vol3. When I took it to the kn6000 it showed a mix of songs and style entirely different to the Vol 3 list. When I put the floppy in the pc it listed all the songs on the list so I cleared(formatted) the disk, downloaded the file again and this time I got all the listed songs onto the keyboard.

One of the peculiarities of the pc I guess.

Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online