SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#424323 - 08/05/16 04:17 PM California Dreaming...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Today, the humidity and air pollution, combined with 90 degree temperatures made it unbearable for this old codger to step outdoors after 11 a.m.. So, I got out of bed early (for me), about 8:30, drove to the boat, picked up my Go Pro that I left onboard yesterday, then immediately drove home.

On another forum, a young lady posted a challenge to record songs pertaining to things about Mother Nature and this song immediately came to mind. Here's my rendition of Californit Dreaming by The Momas And The Popas, a song I used to perform a lot. Now, I know I'm not the singer I used to be, but I thought this came out pretty good considering I had a nasal oxygen system connected to me so I could breath better.

Also, here's a short video of the trip I made this past week when the weather was a bit cooler and the air pollution level was lower as well.

And, yes, I'm open to all comments, positive and otherwise,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#424328 - 08/05/16 06:12 PM Re: California Dreaming... [Re: travlin'easy]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary, thanks for your song and the video. I saw the movie Bucket List for the third time – Sailing about as you do is toward the top of my bucket list.

I would trade all my music/keyboards but one guitar and sail and sail. My wife was looking over my should as I was writing – all she said is, “You’ll get sea-sick”.

You are one blessed man my friend.

John C.

#424333 - 08/05/16 07:34 PM Re: California Dreaming... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks John - there's always room for you on the boat if you get up this way, and with any kind of luck, I'll make one more trip down the Intra Coastal Waterway through your part of the world. If I do, I'll be sure to make you a tall, ice cold, Green Coconut Margaretta.

All the best,

Gary cool

#424381 - 08/06/16 11:51 AM Re: California Dreaming... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Today, the humidity and air pollution, combined with 90 degree temperatures made it unbearable for this old codger to step outdoors after 11 a.m.. So, I got out of bed early (for me), about 8:30, drove to the boat, picked up my Go Pro that I left onboard yesterday, then immediately drove home.

On another forum, a young lady posted a challenge to record songs pertaining to things about Mother Nature and this song immediately came to mind. Here's my rendition of Californit Dreaming by The Momas And The Popas, a song I used to perform a lot. Now, I know I'm not the singer I used to be, but I thought this came out pretty good considering I had a nasal oxygen system connected to me so I could breath better.

Also, here's a short video of the trip I made this past week when the weather was a bit cooler and the air pollution level was lower as well.

And, yes, I'm open to all comments, positive and otherwise,

Gary cool

Gary super video wow!! I thought I was on that sail boat with you,...song was perfect,...you surly out did yourself buddy on this one Ahoy matey!!

#424387 - 08/06/16 12:13 PM Re: California Dreaming... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

C'mon down, bring Nancy and go sailing with Carol and I next month when the weather begins to cool down - Pretty hot right now! I'm in the process of designing a special platform for my portable generator so I can run the AC in the cabin while the boat is underway. Makes life so much more comfortable.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (08/06/16 12:14 PM)

#424393 - 08/06/16 12:37 PM Re: California Dreaming... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
C'mon down, bring Nancy and go sailing with Carol and I next month when the weather begins to cool down - Pretty hot right now! I'm in the process of designing a special platform for my portable generator so I can run the AC in the cabin while the boat is underway. Makes life so much more comfortable.

Gary cool

cool2

#424396 - 08/06/16 12:56 PM Re: California Dreaming... [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Those are both very nice renditions, and I'm sure your audiences love them. Thanks for the inspiration!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#424397 - 08/06/16 01:24 PM Re: California Dreaming... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks for the compliments, Paul. And, yes, the audiences enjoyed them very much. Attached is the Yamaha style file I used for the song, one that is very song specific.

All the best,

Gary cool

Attachments
Cal Dream Ty.STY (111 downloads)

#424406 - 08/06/16 05:08 PM Re: California Dreaming... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, I'd check the changes to "The Last Farewell". Just look them up...."They're everywhere".

Russ

#424408 - 08/06/16 06:35 PM Re: California Dreaming... [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Russ, are you are referring to chord changes? Keep in mind that I just play what I hear in my head. If there were lyrics changes, I was not aware of them.

Gary cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online