SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#42389 - 12/11/02 04:02 AM update 1,4 for kn7000
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
I saw there is an update available for the kn7000,namely version 1.4.
Is it realy an update ?
Is it safe to instal it and what has been changed ?

(you can find the update at : http://www.kn7000.de under Service)

Alain

#42390 - 12/11/02 05:23 AM Re: update 1,4 for kn7000
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Help! The link takes me to a GERMAN site! Is it available in English?

#42391 - 12/11/02 06:55 AM Re: update 1,4 for kn7000
Jarmo Offline

Loc: Espoo, Finland
Altavista translator:

Whats New in 1.4

1. Some German-language reference texts in the display were revised.
2. The separate output can be regulated now also by the express ion pedal.

The version 1.4 consists of 4 disks. It concerns in principle 2 updates. First (disk 1 and 2) contains a program update and must be implemented as the first. The second update (disk 3 and 4) updates the Tables.
------

There must be other updates too because it updates also the Tables!

#42392 - 12/11/02 06:56 AM Re: update 1,4 for kn7000
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The translation (mind my english)

Version 1.4. excisted 4 disks (two programms.)

The first two disks (disk 1 and 2) is a normal update.

the two others (disk 3 and 4) actualise the tables??

I personally never heart of tables at the Technics instruments I know Yamaha has a database.
So what the last two disks exactly do, i don't know.
Maybe Alex knows.

gr.
Willem

#42393 - 12/11/02 07:10 AM Re: update 1,4 for kn7000
waterschip Offline

A little more explanision was given.

"some German texts in the display is new"

"the separate output can now be achieved with the expression pedal to".

gr.
Willem[/B][/QUOTE]

#42394 - 12/11/02 04:17 PM Re: update 1,4 for kn7000
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Neit sprechen de deuch. Walter.

AGAIN Update 1,4 for KN7000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The version 1.4 consists of 4 disks. It concerns in principle 2 updates. First (disk 1 and 2) contains a program update and must be implemented as the first. The second update (disk 3 and 4) updates the Tables.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indicate to the installed version:
1. Switch the key board off.
2. Press in the SOUND GROUP the keys [ & ORCH PERC Piano] [guitar] [mallet ] and keep these pressed during switching on on.
3. After switching on on you see the version number then right down in the display.
4. If the version number is alike or even higher, than offered the here, an update is not necessary!

Guidance for the Download:
1. Click the four Download files on and store you them on any place on your PC non removable disk.
2. If you click doubly now on their PC these files, these unpack themselves automatically on disk. Hold thus for four formatted hp disks ready and mark these with "disk 1" to "disk 4". Disk 1 (1,142 KB) kn7-14_1.exe
Disk 2 (927 KB) kn7-14_2.exe
Disk 3 (1,371 KB) kn7-14_3.exe
Disk 4 (1,174 KB) kn7-14_4.exe

Important note to the installation in the KN7000:
All disks contain in each case 4 files. Please you proceed as follows for installation in the KN7000:
Installation of the update:

1. Switch the key board off.
2. Insert disk 1.
3. Press the PANEL MEMORY keys 1-2-3-4 at the same time and
4. switch on the key board meanwhile.
5. Release the keys, as soon as text in the display appears.
6. They can test or with UPDATES with overacting the new operating system often commodity begin now the disks immediately with the function CHECK on functionality.
7. With the message "CHANGES disk 2/2" change you the disks.
8. After some time the display announces: COMPLETED, TURN ON AGAIN.
9. Switch the key board off and take you the disk.
10. Initialize the key board when switching on on, by keeping the rhythm keys [ 60s & 70s]-[MODERN Dance] [soul & R&B ] at the same time pressed, while you switch the key board on.
11. Repeat this procedure with the disks 3 and 4.

Tap: To the Download at the best one with the right mouse button on the left click and then a "goal store under" with IE and/or. "linkage store under" with Netscape select.
Note: An adhesion for damage, which develops for the user, in particular from the software received by Downloading or from contents of the individual messages, is impossible. The provided files, which are subject to German or international patent rights (copyrights), may be used only for the purpose of the own use, it are, the owner of the copyright something else determined. In each case the commercial utilization of the files, approximately forbidden by sales by copies, is. Taiyo of music instruments GmbH does not take any responsibility for arising errors or damages by the update! Adhere exact to the above instructions.

#42395 - 12/11/02 09:16 PM Re: update 1,4 for kn7000
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
I've read all the comments made thus far. I'm not sure that the English is any clearer than the German! Do these files have to be downloaded and are they safe to use? Several comments refer to "disks" rather than downloaded files.

#42396 - 12/12/02 02:44 AM Re: update 1,4 for kn7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
....Think I'll wait until the update appears on the official KN7000 Technics site

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42397 - 12/12/02 02:56 AM Re: update 1,4 for kn7000
waterschip Offline

Quote:
Several comments refer to "disks" rather than downloaded files. [/B]

The first two disk KN7.14-1 exe and KN7.14-2 exe are the usual update disks.

the other two are updates I think for the German language in the heplfiles and so on.

rgds.
Willem

#42398 - 12/12/02 05:32 AM Re: update 1,4 for kn7000
Jarmo Offline

Loc: Espoo, Finland
All four exe-files are selfextracting disk images. When you execute them it will ask you to insert empty formatted disk into A:drive. Press (Weiter) two times and after a minute or two you have one disk finished.

When you have all four disketted ready, continue update procedure but this time with two disk sets. Remember to do check procedure for both disk sets before doing actual update.

Second set updates "tables" which I think is table between selected rythm and actual sounds in Wave-ROM. It's first time in Technics history that you can update also tables using diskettes. I don't know how to display current table-version as before with KN5000/6x00.

I think it's important to update both sets same time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online