SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#417213 - 02/22/16 03:17 PM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: ]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
As soon as the aiwa becomes available in the uk I am definitely getting one . This thing is simply incredible . I would love to play my arranger through it . It has such a full bodied sound and is extremely light . However for my smaller church gigs and birthday parties etc this thing would be ideal. Could easily be loud enough for 50 or more people .

http://youtu.be/c3IQP8W93sI

This a clip of the sound of this speaker 200 metres away !!

http://youtu.be/dKDpffAgzXk

Edited by spalding1968 (02/22/16 03:33 PM)

#417219 - 02/22/16 03:52 PM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: spalding1968]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
As soon as the aiwa becomes available in the uk I am definitely getting one . This thing is simply incredible . I would love to play my arranger through it . It has such a full bodied sound and is extremely light . However for my smaller church gigs and birthday parties etc this thing would be ideal. Could easily be loud enough for 50 or more people .

http://youtu.be/c3IQP8W93sI

This a clip of the sound of this speaker 200 metres away !!

http://youtu.be/dKDpffAgzXk

The KMC-3 makes a good impression in Oluv's video, too, in relation to its size!
To me the difference in volume between the Exos and the KMC-3 seems about the same as between the Sounddock 10 and the KMC-3 (in my test), but maybe the Exos sounds a little more open and spatious.

Anyway, the Sounddock 10 is no more available new, and I forgot to warn: DON'T BUY THE BOSE SOUNDTOUCH 30!!! - Unlike the Sounddocks, it has a severe latency, sound won't be in sync with your playing!

Edited by rosetree (02/22/16 03:53 PM)

#417267 - 02/23/16 01:57 PM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: ]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Bluetooth has a delay when playing live - careful!

#417268 - 02/23/16 02:06 PM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

I agree dave.....wired is best.

#417270 - 02/23/16 02:13 PM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

Yes, BUT it is NOT because of bluetooth, the Bose Soundtouch 30 has a latency via LINE-IN, TOO!!!

It seems to be due to a new kind of signal processing Bose uses in the Soundtouch models, regardless of whether you use the Bluetooth function or connect via cable. These models are unusable for live playing.
The Sounddock models as well as the Soundlink models and the WaveRadio don't have such a delay.

Edited by rosetree (02/23/16 02:15 PM)

#417271 - 02/23/16 02:32 PM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

So any time I think about buying such a speaker system for live playing now, I am anxious about a possible delay via cable, but I haven't encountered any like that of the Bose Soundtouch. It's really sad and stupid they are unusable for such a reason.
So I try to find a new speaker on display in a store and perform the following test:
- plug in a mini-jack Y-cable into the output of my soundsource
- connect one end of the Y-cable to the speaker with a mini jack line cable
- connect the other end of the Y-cable to headphones.
Then I can listen to the speaker with one ear and check the direct signal with my headphones on the other ear. In the case of the Soundtouch 30 the signals are completely out of sync, there's a severe echo.

The Marshall Woburn seems to be safe, I read a review of someone playing e-drums via the Woburn.

Edited by rosetree (02/23/16 02:53 PM)

#417293 - 02/23/16 11:19 PM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: ]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
So any time I think about buying such a speaker system for live playing now, I am anxious about a possible delay via cable, but I haven't encountered any like that of the Bose Soundtouch. It's really sad and stupid they are unusable for such a reason.
So I try to find a new speaker on display in a store and perform the following test:
- plug in a mini-jack Y-cable into the output of my soundsource
- connect one end of the Y-cable to the speaker with a mini jack line cable
- connect the other end of the Y-cable to headphones.
Then I can listen to the speaker with one ear and check the direct signal with my headphones on the other ear. In the case of the Soundtouch 30 the signals are completely out of sync, there's a severe echo.

The Marshall Woburn seems to be safe, I read a review of someone playing e-drums via the Woburn.

Yet another piece of good and important information from you. In speaking of Bose, once I was playing through a Bose Acoustis Wave Music System and I blew up the speakers. Now I am thinking of using a passive mixer such as the MX42 by Rolls with the Aiwa Exos-9 and the WI AudioLink - a stereo wireless system(http://www.widigitalsystems.com/) for my Roland midi accordion. I can even add Varranger wirelessly connected to the mixer. It is mainly the volume that blows up the speaker or a lot of devices connected to the mixer? It seems that the Aiwa Exos-9 can handle quite a bit of volume demand.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#417310 - 02/24/16 06:48 AM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: Torch]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Torch
Yet another piece of good and important information from you. In speaking of Bose, once I was playing through a Bose Acoustis Wave Music System and I blew up the speakers.

That's valuable information from you as well... I've thought about buying a Bose Acoustic Wave for a special price several times. I would never have expected the speakers blow easily! Did you crank it up to the maximum for a longer time?
There's one video of someone who blew his AIWA Exos, too. I guess no speaker is safe from that if you demand too much from it, but I am surprised about this happening to an Acoustic Wave.

#417360 - 02/24/16 11:29 PM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: ]
Torch Offline

No, I wasn't playing for a long time at all when the speaker died on me. I feel good about the AIWA EXos. That thing being that loud, I would be all right in many situations.

Edited by Torch (02/24/16 11:30 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#420736 - 04/30/16 01:34 PM Re: My next mini PA system? [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Just wanted to warn about the Marshall consumer speakers (Woburn, Stanmore, Acton). Reviews are excellent, users are thrilled about the huge sound of the Woburn, but unfortunately there are really MANY reviews of users whose Woburn, Stanmore or Acton suddenly stopped working after about 15 months (look at the 1 star reviews on Amazon.com - on Amazon.de there's no trace of this problem, as German reviewers haven't had it for more than a year yet...). Out of question for me to consider it any more.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online