SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#423714 - 07/22/16 05:51 PM Can I control tyros 4 styles with midI
rb293 Offline

Loc: Binghamton, NY USA
I was wondering if I can control the styles in my t4 using midi hookup from my montage? Will it change with the cords I play on the Montage like it would just playing the tyros? I'm not sure if it will follow along with what I play using montage as the controller.. hope I explained it well enough so you know what I am talking about... as always thanks to all you guys for your expertise...Ron

#423716 - 07/22/16 06:30 PM Re: Can I control tyros 4 styles with midI [Re: rb293]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ron
don't know the montage, but years ago I used to have my PSR 1500 midied to my clavinova ( mine is a straight piano no styles).
I only had a single pedal, so changing variations didn't work too well, I still needed access to the buttons.

Also had it midied up to band in a box software, where band in a box played the chords, the PSR followed the chord changes.

Basically a case matching up the 2 midi channels.

Midi out on your montage channel has to match "midi chord detect channel "on your t4.

It's way too long ago for me to remember exactly what I did and there would have been other settings especially for my biab setup as it included syncing clocks.

But should be doable, if all you want is chord changes.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#423728 - 07/22/16 11:38 PM Re: Can I control tyros 4 styles with midI [Re: rb293]
Bachus Offline

Its just a matter of setting them both up correctly...

There are guides for doing so on the internet..
Also its in the reference amnuals of both instruments..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#423768 - 07/23/16 05:48 PM Re: Can I control tyros 4 styles with midI [Re: Bachus]
rb293 Offline

Yes that is the problem... setting them up correctly...
I find it hard to configure the midi just to trigger certain parts of the t4 using the montage. I will search around the internet.... thanks Ron

#423778 - 07/24/16 04:09 AM Re: Can I control tyros 4 styles with midI [Re: rb293]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ron,
If you don't have any luck finding a tutorial online, I'll see if maybe I can be a bit of help. I might still have some old notes around. I had mine connected via midi cable.

what Exactly are you trying to do?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#423780 - 07/24/16 04:45 AM Re: Can I control tyros 4 styles with midI [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
At one time I controlled a voice harmonizer with my Kn7000. I set the Kn7000 to send the midi message on midi channel 5. Then I set the harmonizer to receive the midi message on channel 5. The same method is used for all other things you want to control.

Example:
My left hand triggers the chord on the keyboard going through a song. With a midi controller or another keyboard I would have to send and receive on the same channel. You set the channel and then save the changes you have made. You need the manuals for each unit you use. You are looking for a Midi Implementing Chart for both instruments; this will give you the send and receive information you will need.

Now that sounds pretty easy – but it gets a bit complicated when you are trying to control many different areas. I suggest you get a book on what Midi is about.

There are 16 midi channels; each channel has many, many areas that have a control numbers. Vibrato, cut-off, and the list goes on.

Hope this helps, John C.

#423805 - 07/24/16 02:12 PM Re: Can I control tyros 4 styles with midI [Re: bruno123]
rb293 Offline

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas. I will have time this week to get deeper into it. Some of these things take so much time. Playing is the easy part, learning the keyboards is the hard part. Thanks again Ron

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online