SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#423658 - 07/21/16 04:34 AM The SD7 and the Gold Pkg.
Korgman5
Unregistered

Ketron Gold Pkg.
I have installed the Ketron Gold Pkg. in my SD7 and love all the styles and voices that have been added. The SD7 is simply a great keyboard
and I am so glad I decided to buy one.

If ever you get the chance to demo. one in a dealers store, please do yourself a favor and try the board. It is my main board and I have
a Korg Pa4X also. Compared to the Korg, I prefer the SD 7 for its tone purity and the lovely colored touchscreen. Lloyd

#423659 - 07/21/16 05:55 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Tone purity?

While i love the sounds of the ketron instruments, i would say they are sampled with some effects like vibrato and such, which makes them sound better but maybe not as naturall (which often sounds a bit sterile)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#423660 - 07/21/16 06:32 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Sterile yes, sometimes, but on the other hand this sampled vibrato sounds very natural (only repetitive in the long term), whereas the modeled vibrato of Roland SN-A tones generally sounds artificial, as the modeled oscillations of pitch, filters etc.are just not the real thing.

#423662 - 07/21/16 06:43 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Sterile yes, sometimes, but on the other hand this sampled vibrato sounds very natural (only repetitive in the long term), whereas the modeled vibrato of Roland SN-A tones generally sounds artificial, as the modeled oscillations of pitch, filters etc.are just not the real thing.

I think this is one of the things Yamaha SA2 sounds a comparable technollogy to Roland SN/A does a lot better...

Ketron sounds deffinately good with the sampled effects in the sound, tough is less flexible compared to the SN/a, DNC and SA sounds....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#423663 - 07/21/16 07:21 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Korgman5, congratulations on your purchase!

I was wondering if the SD7's sounds are improved over the SD1. I've not tried the SD7, but I have tried both the SD1 and SD5 a few years back. The styles were very live-sounding and realistic, but the individual sounds (those played with your right hand) had a certain "old sampled" sound to them. I could tell they weren't sampled on every note. This made the sound become unnatural very quickly, as I played up and down the keys.

Any idea if they've improved?

Thanks, and have fun with your new keyboard.

Edited by Mikem (07/21/16 07:23 AM)

#423664 - 07/21/16 09:00 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: Mikem]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I am with Lloyd on this one. I too own both the PA4X and the SD7 and the PA4X is way behind the SD7 in overall sound quality. Also, for me, the SD7 styles are much more suitable for my gigs and there are many more of them to choose from for variety. I have tried to sell the PA4X but have had no takers so I guess those of us who own one better find a way to fit them into our needs.

I also have the Gold Package and agree about the styles and sounds. However, I found an issue with the sounds that AJ is working on with Italy to resolve. After I installed the sounds my registration setups started replacing the sounds I had setup with some of the new sounds of which most were not a suitable replacement for the style. So, right now I have uninstalled the sounds and am waiting for the fix to come my way.

Deane

#423665 - 07/21/16 09:04 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Hammer,
I am keeping the Korg Pa4X because, like you, selling the Korg is like selling a refrigerator to an Eskimo. Lloyd

#423666 - 07/21/16 09:12 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Korgman5
Hammer,
I am keeping the Korg Pa4X because, like you, selling the Korg is like selling a refrigerator to an Eskimo. Lloyd

Why is it such a problem to sell the KORG being it's so popular?
I would thik it would be more difficult to sell the SD7 vs the Pa4x.

#423667 - 07/21/16 09:55 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: ]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Donny,
Only 2 offers. Both for $2000.00
Ain't gonna happen.
Deane

#423668 - 07/21/16 10:14 AM Re: The SD7 and the Gold Pkg. [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Donny,
Only 2 offers. Both for $2000.00