SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#423513 - 07/16/16 05:23 AM Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ?
Dnj Offline

Is your arranger just laying there in the closet unused for long periods of time? frown sometimes this happens to me as certain gigs dictate other means of performing. This leaves the arranger idle for weeks and sometimes you wonder do I really need it at all anymore? sometimes the repetitious styles get to me leaving a creative void in my music arrangements, disinterest and boringness sets in smirk ....unexcited yearning for something NEW!.......or should I sell it?..or keep it for those certain gigs that warrant it,? or just to play in my room sometimes, or use it for studio recordings,. confused1 people watch you play but no one really knows or cares what your doing leaving self satisfaction the driving force for self gratification,
sometimes I just wanna go back to playing KB with a band and go buy a Hammond SK 73.... keys

http://hammondorganco.com/products/portable-organs/sk1-73/

sorry for venting....

Edited by Dnj (07/16/16 05:41 AM)

#423515 - 07/16/16 05:55 AM Re: Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Lovely product, much according the lines of the nord stage...

Thats why many people are longing for arranger modules... It leaves you much more freedom in choosing your keyboard... Add a Roland bk7 to it and you have styles as a backup for when needed...

Overhere in my area, people regularly join in on jam sessions.. Everyone is welcome and makes music together.. And to be honest, most people there are 50+ of age... And so is their music choice, rock, blues lots of music from the 60's and 70's.. This might be what you are looking for Donny, a get together with musician friends once a week or so just to make music...

Edited by Bachus (07/16/16 05:59 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#423517 - 07/16/16 06:05 AM Re: Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Lovely product, much according the lines of the nord stage...

Thats why many people are longing for arranger modules... It leaves you much more freedom in choosing your keyboard... Add a Roland bk7 to it and you have styles as a backup for when needed...

Overhere in my area, people regularly join in on jam sessions.. Everyone is welcome and makes music together.. And to be honest, most people there are 50+ of age... And so is their music choice, rock, blues lots of music from the 60's and 70's.. This might be what you are looking for Donny, a get together with musician friends once a week or so just to make music...

Bachus.......playing with bands for 30+ years, & then solo for almost 20yrs leaves you mentally lonely on that big stage after a while. When I visited Don Mason in LA a few years ago and jammed with some great players it felt soooooo gooooood to play off each other again and made you really feel you were
"Playing Music"....trading 4's with just a smile and a wink at each other is a magical thing for sure....I miss that. keys

#423519 - 07/16/16 06:44 AM Re: Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Been feeling the exact same way Donny. When I sit down to play at home I'm more apt to go do the Casio Piano then my arranger. Went to the Bluffton Shrimp Fest last night and they had a pretty good band. They actually had a keyboard player instead of the typical all guitar thing here. Made me miss my band days, even with the drama, etc.
Love to start up a trio again and just play. Excuse to buy an SK2 !

#423520 - 07/16/16 06:49 AM Re: Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ? [Re: Dnj]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
For me music comes down to love of music AND discipline....When I was younger had a little bit more of both. As a younger Singer/Songwriter I also had more drive to prove myself. Pretty well established and I'm as good as I'll ever get at age 54....

I am also a manager at Credit Law Solution in greater Los Angeles, a credit repair company and have a full staff that needs my attention all week long...Time & energy is at a premium as I also work out. (I get up at 4:30 am for my workout). When I get home I am exhausted.

I play out once a week and pack up my PA4X and Acoustic Guitar from my home studio set-up...

If I don't set gear up immediately when I return from playing the odds of me unpacking are slim....As the week progresses I tell myself my gear is ready to go for Sunday, so it's too late to unpack....

Thinking of picking up a cheaper Arranger to leave set up at home....

#423521 - 07/16/16 06:52 AM Re: Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Been feeling the exact same way Donny. When I sit down to play at home I'm more apt to go do the Casio Piano then my arranger. Went to the Bluffton Shrimp Fest last night and they had a pretty good band. They actually had a keyboard player instead of the typical all guitar thing here. Made me miss my band days, even with the drama, etc.
Love to start up a trio again and just play. Excuse to buy an SK2 !

I hear you Bill, when I see bands playing I always sigh and say to myself "man I miss that so much" look at the happiness on their faces....

#423522 - 07/16/16 07:13 AM Re: Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ? [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I've got a 10th anniversary Tyros 4 sitting in the closet if anyone is interested.

smile

#423524 - 07/16/16 07:36 AM Re: Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't miss it that much. Yes it's fun to occasionally share the stage with great players, and I do sometimes. But don't forget all the hassle with wondering if everyone in the band was going to show up, if someone was mad at someone else, if someone's wife was mad at someone else's wife, etc. If you want to learn a new song, you have to teach it to everyone else in the band.
Also you have to share the money with other people. I prefer to do it MY WAY. smile

#423525 - 07/16/16 08:03 AM Re: Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ? [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I don't miss it that much. Yes it's fun to occasionally share the stage with great players, and I do sometimes. But don't forget all the hassle with wondering if everyone in the band was going to show up, if someone was mad at someone else, if someone's wife was mad at someone else's wife, etc. If you want to learn a new song, you have to teach it to everyone else in the band.
Also you have to share the money with other people. I prefer to do it MY WAY. smile

DITTO!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#423527 - 07/16/16 08:23 AM Re: Is your arranger just laying there in the closet ? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

At this stage if the game after doing so many things so far in this great industry,
the one thing I always wanted to do is play keyboards in a Tribute Band. Sure Band life had it's ups & downs but looking back it was so much fun,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online