SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#423053 - 07/07/16 09:22 AM Sudden Problem With PA4X
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
This morning I was trying to copy and paste a factory style - which I have done before with no problems - and as soon as I touched the copy and paste icon the screen went gray and I could not complete the process.

The pictures show what happened. I did reboot several times with the same exact results.
It only happens for factory styles.

Anyone have any ideas??

Deane

Attachments
Before.JPG (11 downloads)
After.JPG (13 downloads)

#423099 - 07/08/16 03:18 AM Re: Sudden Problem With PA4X [Re: hammer]
rosetree
Unregistered

As nobody is anwering... although I don't own a PA4X, I'd like to ask whether you've tried to hit the "user" section on the screen and whether the screen still remained gray then. To me it appears normal for the factory style section to be gray when you want to save a style, as I assume you are not supposed to be able to store a style within the factory style, but only within the user section.
So just in case you didn't try it...

#423110 - 07/08/16 06:36 AM Re: Sudden Problem With PA4X [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
The problem is solved. It was a user error not an issue with the OS. It works exactly as designed. The gray screen appears because the factory styles are protected by default and can not be copied back to the factory locations.

Rosetree - you are right!

Deane

#423126 - 07/08/16 12:36 PM Re: Sudden Problem With PA4X [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Deanne ... sorry I didn't see this sooner ... On the Pa900, if I go to GLOBAL>MODE PREFERENCES>MEDIA I can 'unlock' the 'Factory Style and Pad Protect' and 'Factory Sound Protect' ... I can then make any changes to the factory styles that I want and save them either in Factory styles or in User styles ... I would think the PA4X would have a similar procedure available ... I find this very handy as I often change the Factory Pad settings (or other settings) to something I would make more use of ...
Enjoy that KB, it must be a beauty ...

#423227 - 07/11/16 04:36 PM Re: Sudden Problem With PA4X [Re: hammer]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Deane, I have been following your posts about the pa4x – all I can say is when you get going you really get going.

Keep at that pa4x you will not regret it.

John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online