SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42293 - 10/29/02 10:44 AM Foot Controllers
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
After setting the function of the foot controllers to do what I want them to do, the settings are not seved and go back to the default settings of sustain and glide. How do I make the new settings stick?
Walt

#42294 - 10/29/02 12:22 PM Re: Foot Controllers
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Walter
The first thing I would check is the foot controller setting on page 2 of the Expand Mode Filter. Set it to ON to retain the settings you have made in different panel memories. That is the most likely cause of your problem.
If not, you could also check to make sure the Data Protection setting is OFF by going to Customize>Data Protection>Foot Control Setting.
John

#42295 - 10/29/02 02:46 PM Re: Foot Controllers
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Further to Johns comments, if you set up the foot controllers to your preferred arrangement, you can include them in the Custom Panel and they will stay there until you change the Custom Panel settings. To recall the original settings just press Custom Panel. If you execute a 'Performance Initialisation' this will reset the foot controllers to their factory default settings, irrespective of settings mentioned by John. However it does not affect the settings for the foot controllers, saved in the 'Custom Panel'
I always press the 'Custom Panel' button immediately after switching on, just as a routine procedure.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42296 - 10/30/02 08:33 AM Re: Foot Controllers
Walt Meyer Offline

Thanks John & Bill,
My basic problem was that Data Protection was set to "on" for the foot controllers.

Bill, I am confused about how the custom panel works. I have a gig coming up this Friday and since I have only had the KN7000 a short while, I have spent most of my time transferring about one hundred of my KN2000 setups, so it's easy to forget about all the menus that were not on the KN2000.
How do I store my settings in the custom panel? I have tried setting up the "customize" section, but when I press the "Custom Panel" button, I get the default settings. I'm sure that I'm just missing something simple again. (There's an awful lot to learn -- I knew the KN2000 backwords and forwards, but the KN7000 is something else. One of the things that is really useful for a live performance is the foot pedal setting of "Increment + Decrement Panel Memory". Something that I always wished that I had.)
In the meantime, all the help that I have gotten from everyone is truly appreciated.
Regards to all,
Walt

#42297 - 10/30/02 03:20 PM Re: Foot Controllers
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Fairly straightforward Walt - just set up all the panel controls to your liking, including your Footswitches and a basic setup for Style, Left, Right1, Right2, Tempo etc. and then press and hold the Middle 'SET' Button in the circular Panel Memories and while holding it, press the 'Custom Panel' button - That's it! All these settings are stored in non-volatile memory so they will remain there, until you change them. I usually have mine set up with a steady swing tempo about 130, Left Piano, Right1 Piano, and Right2 Electric piano. So after switching on, I just press 'Custom Panel' and use this set up for just 'Warming-up' the old fingers with a simple 12 bar or something......
Then of course, you can load your other song setups, but as John said, you must have your data protection correctly set, to stop some loading operations from changing your Footswitch settings. If you do have to use 'Performance Initialisation', then this will reset the Footswitches to the factory default.
Rather than go through the lengthy process of re-assigning the footswitches, just press 'Custom Panel' and they will be set back to your own conditions.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42298 - 10/30/02 04:59 PM Re: Foot Controllers
Walt Meyer Offline

Thanks a million Bill!
Again, thanks to all who take time to help others.
Walt

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online