SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#422851 - 07/02/16 05:00 PM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: bruno123]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: bruno123
Rikki,
I love turning accompaniment off leaving just drums and bass and add pads gradually. Dave spoke about turning off the accompaniment then sing and play his guitar. (I think I got that right) To much accompaniment gets in the way of a vocalist or soloist.

All accompaniment off

Vari 1

Selected pads – possible: Cymbal on all four, guitar on two and four or all four, bass drum

THEN Select Vari 4 – leave the pads – bring back the full band – Excitement.

Hi John,
I don't consider myself a musician, so I'm guessing a singer, plus if you play guitar at the same time , you would need a style where parts wouldn't clash, so the way you use the pads, really works for you.
Isn't that the beauty of an arranger , it can be, just what we want, a full orchestra, or drums and bass.

Yes, pity I'm so far away, but we've always hot the Internet.
Sorry might have missed it, but do you actually create your own pads? If not, so simple.
I can't for the life of me record anything, I know something will work if I hear it, just can't seem to come up with it myself. So basically I used to do mine from style tracks be they onboard styles or conversions. If you've never tried it, give it a go, if you have isn't it great.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422852 - 07/02/16 05:05 PM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: rikkisbears]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Rikki, for some strange reason, I've always been able to find the styles needed for a specific song, even when other folks on the PSR Tutorial forum cannot. I hear the song and immediately know which style fits it - too much trivial stuff in my aging brain, I guess. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#422858 - 07/02/16 10:13 PM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Gary,
No, it's not the PSR , I have trouble finding a style for a song,

It's just the odd song that I have trouble finding a korg style for, hence I convert my PSR style across to korg. There's probably a suitable style in there somewhere, one that it would not occur to me to use. (just gives me a good excuse to convert.) haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422864 - 07/03/16 06:39 AM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

After a while "style repetitiveness" got so boring so I started to use my arranger to create some awesome backing tracks to play & sing along with as my band giving me so much more freedom with intros, endings,bass lines, sound parts, horns, piano, etc, so that songs have a live feel and are arranged the way I need them to.
It's working out very well. cool2

Edited by Dnj (07/03/16 06:41 AM)

#422865 - 07/03/16 07:21 AM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: rikkisbears]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, how about sharing some of those tracks with us so we can enjoy them as well.

Gary cool

#422866 - 07/03/16 07:35 AM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I sometimes have a problem finding a style because I don't remember them by style name, but song name. This usually works by association unless I haven't used that particular style in a song, then I start searching through the genre. By adjusting tempo and variation, I can get fairly close. With most songs, I don't try to be identical, anymore than I try to sing like the original artist.

Bernie

#422868 - 07/03/16 08:00 AM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, how about sharing some of those tracks with us so we can enjoy them as well.

Gary cool

Gary I put too much work into these songs to just give them away,.....sorry....sharing everyday styles is no problem,
and like I said they are created with my arrangements in mind vs a standard song structure.

have a great holiday

#422875 - 07/03/16 09:38 AM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: rikkisbears]
travlin'easy Offline

OK, I understand. But, as you know you cannot sell them, so please post some examples of the songs. I would love to hear what you have done with them.

Gary cool

#422903 - 07/03/16 03:48 PM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
After a while "style repetitiveness" got so boring so I started to use my arranger to create some awesome backing tracks to play & sing along with as my band giving me so much more freedom with intros, endings,bass lines, sound parts, horns, piano, etc, so that songs have a live feel and are arranged the way I need them to.
It's working out very well. cool2

Hi Donny
Be great to hear a couple of performances.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422905 - 07/03/16 04:35 PM Re: keyboard swappers, do you miss a favourite style? [Re: rikkisbears]
travlin'easy Offline

I agree!

Gary cool

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online