SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#422869 - 07/03/16 08:08 AM A question for you Pa4X owners
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
Was not able to register on the korg forums, but I hope you can anser this question over here as well.
I have listened to several demos of this kb and I like what I hear.
But, now to my question.
Like the previous models of the Pa-series, one must use the touch screen alot. This also include selecting styles/sounds. Has this been changed now? Is it possible to select styles without having to use the touch screen?
I amvisually impaired and just want to know since it's hard to use that screen.
Many thanks for any info!

#422873 - 07/03/16 09:13 AM Re: A question for you Pa4X owners [Re: Christian_1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Christian,
You can set it up to change sounds when you select the instrument group by button. This will select the chosen sound in each group as soon as you touch the button. The screen is used for many things, but you also have the 4 STS selections that are physical buttons for each rhythm style.

#422877 - 07/03/16 09:49 AM Re: A question for you Pa4X owners [Re: Uncle Dave]
Christian_1 Offline

Hi Dave,
Sounds very interesting. The selection buttons you are talking about, they were four? But, aren't there 10 styles/sounds per page?
Many thanks for any info!

#422878 - 07/03/16 09:55 AM Re: A question for you Pa4X owners [Re: Christian_1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The 4 buttons I mentioned are directly under the screen, and can be set to anything you want per style. The larger groups are off to the right on the bottom row, and they do have more choices in each window. May I ask, can you navigate the screen at all, or are you only able to access by touch?

#422888 - 07/03/16 11:17 AM Re: A question for you Pa4X owners [Re: Uncle Dave]
Christian_1 Offline

Many thanks again for your reply.
I am asking because it is easier to use physical buttons and since I am not able to "see" the screen, I prefer buttons.
I know that most of the features in the instrument must be accessed through the touch screen. But, if it is possible to get around that, it would be awesome!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online