SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42263 - 09/09/03 04:53 AM Smilies/Emoticons
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey you Forum gurus!

Where are you getting those cute (?) emoticons, some animated, some not, that keep appearing in some of the messages and/or responses?????? They are certainly not part of the Smilies Legend that is here to use! How about sharing your source/link and how to download/use them? Thanks.

Ted

#42264 - 09/09/03 06:30 AM Re: Smilies/Emoticons
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Ted,
I believe you asked this before. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/001953.html

If you need detailed instructions, and I know, your like me, you like simple step-by step instructions, I'd be happy to email you with the info.

SeeYa

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#42265 - 09/09/03 09:48 AM Re: Smilies/Emoticons
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Me too please Larry!

Ogre

#42266 - 09/09/03 10:47 AM Re: Smilies/Emoticons
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
If you click on the EDIT Icon (Text page with Pencil) above Larry's posting, you will see the HTML text, for each Icon he has used - just some more info.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42267 - 09/09/03 02:21 PM Re: Smilies/Emoticons
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Larry,
how about posting the detailed instructions on the forum. I always get a real chuckle when I see them. Some of the members use them so cleverly. Must admit I haven't made the effort to work out how to use them, but if there's a simple way, pleazzze tell us how.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#42268 - 09/10/03 04:02 AM Re: Smilies/Emoticons
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
If you look on the Left side of the page, which you use to post a message, you will see yellow text *HTML is ON
*UBB Code is ON
Left click on this link and it will take you to a page, explaining how to insert HTML/UBB code, for several features, including Smilies/Emoticons.(Graphics) However, you do need to know the website address from where you can download the graphics. If you click on the Edit icon of Larry's posting, you will see a few suitable sites, within the code. A search on Google using 'smilies' will return many suitable sites. A good site is : http://www.mysmilies.com/

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42269 - 09/10/03 07:32 AM Re: Smilies/Emoticons
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Ted and Ogre,
To use foreign emoticons not available on the Sytnth Zone Forum.

1. Find a web site that has emoticons, smileys,etc.

2. Some sites have a code that you can copy (example http://mysmilies.com/)

3. Copy the code. (Drag your mouse over the complete code and right mouse click 'copy')

4. Open up a 2nd Internet Browser. (Click Internet Explorer on desktop)

5. Open up Synth Zone and post your message. You can "Paste" (right mouse click 'paste') the code you copied anywhere on your posting.

Notes:

When you paste the emoticon onto the Synth Zone, it pastes a [img] link to the emoticon, it does not paste the actual emoticon.
The actual emoticon appears after you click the 'Submit Reply' button.

The reason for keeping 2 Internet Explorer browsers open at the same time, is to make it easier to Copy and Paste, rather than using Back / Forward on the Explorer Bar.
This way the Smileys and Synth Zone are BOTH open at the same time.

If after posting and inserting your emoticons, and after you submit it, the emoticon does not show up, you may not have copied all of the code. It must have a [img] before the link and a [/img] after the link

You can find the link for a emoticon. How? Right Mouse Click, then click Properties on the smiley below.

The copy and paste code only works on Bulletin Boards that support such actions.
The Synth Zone is one such Bulletin Board.

I hope these instructions were clear enough. If you have any questions, email me. and I'll try my best to answer. I wish I knew the 7000 as well as I know Computers.
I'm looking forward to your next post to see if it worked for you. Good Luck. Have Fun.

Your Friend From Pennsylvania,
Larry Hawk

ps. One other tip I have for posting. If you read your post and it does not look correct, or for whatever reason you are not satisfied, instead of editing the post, I like to delete and start over. It makes me look smarter.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online