SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#422520 - 06/25/16 08:25 AM New Yamaha TOTL/MOTL Arranger KB
Dnj Offline

isn't it about time we hear some rumors,?...or better yet facts,? pics, etc,....anything New Yamaha please?. People wanna know? I love my S970,.....no I am not buying a Pa4x,....but I am curious to see where Yamaha is going next, ....aren't you? cool2
Or has KORG become the NEW King of the mountain?
Ketron excitement has subsided a bit also.....Roland who? and Casio? coffee..
I am actually more excited about Capt. Russ playing his new Hammond SK...
or get one myself to play against my custom backing tracks... keys
What does the future of Yamaha arranger KB's brings is the question? confused1

Edited by Dnj (06/25/16 08:39 AM)

#422522 - 06/25/16 09:15 AM Re: New Yamaha TOTL/MOTL Arranger KB [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
News around 2017/2018?

#422524 - 06/25/16 12:27 PM Re: New Yamaha TOTL/MOTL Arranger KB [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Both Voncken as well as Peter Baartmans have confirmed that the time between new models motl and totl will grow upwaards from the current 3 year cycle... Will it be 4 or 5 years... I expect to see a new totl arranger from yamaha somewhere between late 2017 and early 2019.. This would allow them enough time to incorporate new technollogies

Things are changing at Yamaha... Thats obvious with the Montage, new design, repackaged technollogy with quite some innovations... But no longer a workstation. Its a performance synth.

This leaves room for the tyros to move towards a fullfledged workstation witouth having competition from the Montage... Like a fullfledged workstation with added arranger capabillities... Not just for typicall arranger music, but for all types of music... In this case they might even leave the Tyros name behind...

Now if we remember all the comments when the Tyros5 arived from typicall old aged arranger players that actually moved back from tyros5 to tyros4 because the instrument got to advanced... Yamaha tyros moving into workstation country would leave room for a more typicall arranger with tyros5 features and improved style functionallity and diversity but all based on ease of operation... Maybe a PSR S1000 PRO....

Now this is highly assuming from my side.... But the more i think about it and look at the everchanging market, i could envision Yamaha using this strategy...

I think Roland is moving away from professional instruments and taking on the competition with Casio, as we see more and more instruments from Roland entering that price range... Its good to see that after abandoning Italy, the ea7 proved Roland is still in the arranger market, but they seem to concentrate on the asian markets, where arrangers are still a big thing...

The Ketron SD9 pro could be a big thing, if they only could produce new instruments with high reliabillity...

Edited by Bachus (06/25/16 12:29 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#422607 - 06/27/16 07:28 AM Re: New Yamaha TOTL/MOTL Arranger KB [Re: Dnj]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
I contacted GEM in Finland and they are in the works for a new line,WAHOO, I can't wait, for me one of the best company and very under rated, Gem Genesys going half price of what a KN7000 which is way better in many aspects for me.

stay tuned smile

#422610 - 06/27/16 08:53 AM Re: New Yamaha TOTL/MOTL Arranger KB [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis
I contacted GEM in Finland and they are in the works for a new line,WAHOO, I can't wait, for me one of the best company and very under rated, Gem Genesys going half price of what a KN7000 which is way better in many aspects for me.

stay tuned smile

I hope they can come with an update for the Gem sk 880... Which still seems to be the most complete arranger workstation ever released... Espescially when you look at its age...

I never liked the Genesys, it felt like a toy compared to the sk 880

http://keyszone.boards.net

#422620 - 06/27/16 10:09 AM Re: New Yamaha TOTL/MOTL Arranger KB [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
By the time Yamaha does come out with a new arranger, if it comes out with a new arranger, I might be done with this part time music business.

I think I'm good for one more keyboard, and that could likely be the PA 4X. Stars would have to align just right for that to happen though.

#422624 - 06/27/16 11:00 AM Re: New Yamaha TOTL/MOTL Arranger KB [Re: vangelis]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: vangelis

stay tuned smile

So who did you contact exactly? "Soundion" in Finland?
Via this website, which hasn't been updated since last year and still announces 2015 releases?
http://www.generalmusic.com/

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online