SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#422173 - 06/11/16 04:53 AM Multitasking entertainer question
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Watching DNJ's multitasking video video did get me thinking.

Any of you ever come out from behind your keyboards to entertain a crowd? Use your keyboard as a karaoke machine and move about with a mike to sing to your audience?

I've been toying with this idea. I don't know if I would use some sort of USB canned music or just record my own midi or .wav file. I'm not sure how it would work best.

On another note....

My wife and I do a few shows together during the month. In those shows my wife uses a wireless mic and brings along a number of rhythm instruments.

The seniors we entertain when doing this love doing "a whole lot of shakin" with their rhythm instruments. Also my wife will go into the crowd to sing to folks and once in a while she will have someone sing along with her, especially if the song works for that.

Although I still do more shows as a solo act than we do together, I'm really aware of how much more of an entertainment factor it is to get the crowd involved.

Thoughts?

Edited by guitpic1 (06/11/16 04:54 AM)

#422174 - 06/11/16 05:16 AM Re: Multitasking entertainer question [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

just go out into the audience with a Laptop, PA, & a wireless Mic & sing & entertaine, ...create your own MP3 backing tracks if one is talented to do so, using, styles, sounds, etc,, or add extra tracks to existing Mp3 songs to make it your own arrangent, no need for a KB on stage in that kind of scenario...less to carry/setup too.. with the same result and pay cool2

Edited by Dnj (06/11/16 10:09 AM)

#422225 - 06/12/16 09:22 PM Re: Multitasking entertainer question [Re: guitpic1]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
My wife and I sing... That's our focus. I enjoy arranging and doing my own midi sequences. Then for ease of use, I create a WAV/MP3 and launch it from my mixer or the keyboard. But, I also play keyboard live as a solo instrument or to play an additional part with the backing track I created. Then we throw in a pocket trumpet for another "entertaining" addition. Plus, we tell short stories to introduce some of the songs. We have done the rhythm instruments with our senior groups and they love it.

Next... After doing this act for the last 13 years, I always want to add other ways to entertain an audience. I was toying with the idea of adding a "slide show" to support the song. I can take a 43" LED TV and mount it on a Gator video tripod. I can start out with just a picture roll playing from a USB flash drive... Pics of my 3 year old... Logos with our duo name on it... Etc.

Next level would be to produce a video with my backing track. Words on the screen when the audience can sing along... Stock pics from when the song was famous... Etc. I would launch each song with a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation. Then I could create set lists!!

Find you niche and do your best... It is good enough!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#422226 - 06/13/16 04:14 AM Re: Multitasking entertainer question [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: Dnj
just go out into the audience :

Couldn't agree more Donny, us Gals luv to be sung to. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422228 - 06/13/16 05:03 AM Re: Multitasking entertainer question [Re: shueymusic]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Interesting stuff.

Tx Johnathan

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online